We have a choice to evolve or devolve during these most challenging times in human history,” says Greenberg. “My hope is that people take the powerful energy of the day out into the world...
(PRWEB) September 11, 2012
Author and entrepreneur Eric Greenberg today announced Day of Tikkun (repair), a first-time spiritual experience focused on uplifting people and creating positive energy to spark a shift in collective consciousness -- a shift greatly needed in this significant year of 2012. The event will be held at the historic Nob Hill Masonic Center at 1111 California Street in San Francisco on Saturday, October 6th from 12:30 PM - 10:30 PM.
Inspired by the universal maxim, “Be the change you wish to see in the world,” Greenberg is underwriting the full costs of the daylong event so that attendance is FREE to all who want to participate and benefit from the remarkable day. People are encouraged to share in the energy and spirit of giving by donating to ten important charities (listed below) that are making the world a better place every day.
The Day of Tikkun program is comprised of revered spiritual teachers and musicians to inspire and guide participants in the work of transformation and repair: New York Times best-selling authors Marianne Williamson and Gary Zukav; shaman and medical anthropologist Alberto Villoldo, PhD; poet and Rumi translator Coleman Barks; Grammy award-winning musician David Darling; and best-selling musical artist Snatam Kaur. A central experience of the day will be an authentic Despacho prayer ceremony for peace conducted by the Q’ero Shamans of Peru, who are traveling to San Francisco especially for this event.
2012 is not the end of the world. It is an extraordinary opportunity for personal and world healing. “We have a choice to evolve or devolve during these most challenging times in human history,” says Greenberg. “My hope is that people take the powerful energy of the day out into the world and help their fellow brothers and sisters.”
Fusing the spiritual, mystical, and musical, the Day of Tikkun is the only time the Q’ero Shamans – members of the last of the unbroken Incan lineage – will gather with this incredible group of spiritual icons in one place, for one day of sacred ceremony, combined with a full concert by Snatam Kaur and her band. Tapping into the energy that is created during the day, the music and singing will send that energy into the collective consciousness and set the tone for expansive healing of the world – within and without. Says Greenberg, ”Simply put, there has never been an event like Day of Tikkun, and it will be an experience that will, likely, never be replicated.” Day of Tikkun will be led by a group of today’s most revered spiritual guides and teachers (not in order of appearance):
- Marianne Williamson – internationally acclaimed author, whose six New York Times bestsellers include A Return to Love and The Age of Miracles, Everyday Grace and The Gift of Change.
- Gary Zukav – renowned spiritual teacher and author who has written four consecutive New York Times bestsellers, one of which, The Seat of the Soul, inspired over 30 appearances on “The Oprah Winfrey Show.”
- Alberto Villoldo, Ph.D. – bestselling author, psychologist, medical anthropologist, and Founder of the Four Winds Society which has taught Andean and Amazonion energy medicine to tens of thousands students.
- Coleman Barks – beloved poet and bestselling author of The Essential Rumi, The Soul of Rumi and Rumi: the Book of Love.
- David Darling – (accompanying Coleman Barks) Grammy award-winning composer, cellist, and founder of Music for People that fosters musical improvisation as a means of creativity and self-expression.
- Snatam Kaur – a full concert with the world-renowned spiritual and yoga musician who Oprah Winfrey calls “One of the most amazing surprises of my life.”
- Q’ero Shamans of Peru – one of the last remaining unbroken lineages of the Incas will lead a sacred Despacho ceremony for world peace.
Register for FREE tickets on the Day of Tikkun website, where people are encouraged to donate as little as $10 to one of 10 Charitable Organizations (more information and links to each charity on Day of Tikkun website): Sister Giant, Project Open Hand, Spirit Rock, Zen Hospice Project, Meals on Wheels SF, Off The Mat, Into The World, The Edible Schoolyard, Global Green, Friends of the Urban Forest, and The Pachamama Alliance. 100% of donations will go to each designated charity.
ABOUT ERIC GREENBERG
Author, entrepreneur and philanthropist Eric Greenberg was a pioneer of the commercial Internet. A personal crisis launched him on a seven-year spiritual journey where he remade his life. He is dedicated to lifting the collective consciousness and making the world a better place. To this end, as an active investor, he started a popular healthy take-out restaurant in San Francisco called Beautifull, focused on feeding people real, good food. His award-winning book, Generation We became a rallying cry for the millennial generation of youth in the United States, and his forthcoming book on spiritual repair will be published in 2013.