Enjoy the power of a weather radio, with all the convenience and precision of a smart phone.
Norman, OK (PRWEB) September 11, 2012
Weather Decision Technologies®, Inc., a global leader in providing state-of-the-science weather detection, alerting, and forecasting services, announced today the launch of its popular iMap® Weather Radio App for the Android platform. This groundbreaking app provides all of the functionality of a Weather Radio in a mobile device, plus leverages features of smartphones to provide unique life-saving information to users in the form of alerts, audio, real-time streaming video from local television, interactive mapping and more.
To celebrate this launch, iMap Weather Radio will be reduced in price to $4.99 on the iOS platform until September 18th.
With iMap Weather Radio you will receive critical voice and text alerts regarding life-threatening weather events. iMWR on your Android phone will periodically check your location and “wake up” with alerts wherever you go. Listen with ease to local weather forecasts and warnings while you are on the move. Enjoy the power of a weather radio, with all the convenience and precision of a smart phone.
"More than a weather app, iMap Weather Radio is a premium safety and security alerting application built upon a highly scalable, fully redundant, alerting infrastructure,” said Mike Eilts, President and CEO of WDT. “Since initial release of our iOS version of iMap Weather Radio in early 2011, 300,000 people have downloaded the best weather alerting app in the iTunes store. Users have cited iMap Weather Radio as the reason they are alive today and this is reason we are bringing the application to the Android platform.”
- New custom alerts from your local meteorologist in markets with participating media providers
- Streaming video of weather event coverage from participating media providers
- Easily manage locations and precisely specify locations for which you want to be alerted.
- Streamlined alert presentation shows the alert on a map, the alert text, and provides the alert audio on a single screen
- Audio will play in the background when the phone sleeps or the app is closed
- “Follow me” functionality provides alerts for your current location so you have peace of mind
- New location tracking algorithm provides better accuracy while striking a balance between accuracy and battery usage
Pricing and Availability
The iMap Weather Radio app, normally $9.99, will be available at the introductory price of $4.99 for a limited time from Google Play (http://imap.tv/imwrdroid). For an expanded list of features and capabilities: visit http://imapweatherradio.com
About Weather Decision Technologies (WDT)
Founded in 2000, Weather Decision Technologies is a high technology leader in the weather industry, providing life-safety applications and weather decision support services and systems to our partners and customers. WDT's iMap services provide dynamic, web-based and mobile interactive mapping solutions for the world's leading local media companies. WDT maintains operational offices in Norman, Oklahoma, and Atlanta, Georgia. Corporate websites: http://wdtinc.com, http://weatherops.com and http://weatherforensics.com.