we felt it was time to get experts together to examine the latest published research on Echinacea, since the latest research has been so positive
Roggwil, Switzerland (PRWEB) September 13, 2012
Echinacea is a popular herb used to treat colds and flu in many parts of the world, yet reports on its efficacy have been mixed. With the recent discovery of anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and immune modulating activity, there has been renewed interest in clinical research on Echinacea. According to Roland Schoop, Medical Researcher for Bioforce AG, Switzerland “we felt it was time to get experts together to examine the latest published research on Echinacea, since the latest research has been so positive.” To examine what the research shows a conference is scheduled in London September 27. The following experts will discuss:
- Prof. Stephan Pleschka, Institute for Medical Virology, University Glessen, Germany – The antiviral activity of Echinaforce
- Dr. Margaret Ritchie, University of London – The immunological effects of Echinaforce
- Prof. Ronald Eccles, Director of Common Cold Centre, University Cardiff (UK) – Safety and efficacy profile of Echinaforce for long-term prevention of colds and flu
- Dr. Andreas Schapowal, ENT specialist (CH) – Echinaforce – importance in clinical practice
- The meeting will be chaired by Prof. Michael Heinrich, School of Pharmacy, University College, London (UK)
Bioforce AG, Rogwill, Switzerland is known for its “gold standard” research on herbs. Bioforce received the American Botanical Council’s Varro E. Tyler Commercial Investment in Phytomedicinal Research Award in 2011. It’s meta-analysis on Echinacea was chosen as one of the top 25 research papers of 2006 by the prestigious Annual Bibliography of Significant Advances in Dietary Supplement Research, published by The National Institutes of Health, (NIH) Office of Dietary Supplements. In this conference new data from the world’s largest Echinacea study to test long-term safety and efficacy for preventing colds and flu.
About Bioforce USA
Bioforce USA has created long-term strategic alliances with European manufacturers of product lines that have years of clinical research support for safety and efficacy, plus years of repeat consumer use. Bioforce USA has brought these lines, which include A. Vogel, Sanhelios, Herbatint, Bionorica, SECURE and DadoSens from Borlind exclusively to the United States for distribution through natural products and health food stores.
For more information call Eileen Sheets at 800-641-7555 x100 or esheets(at)bioforceusa(dot)com