Your websites mobile page should not be a scaled-down version of the desktop site but a completely new website for the mobile element so don’t scale to fit, develop to scale.
(PRWEB UK) 11 September 2012
SEO.org.uk are an online promotion company specialising in all aspects of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). SEO.org.uk are focused on keeping up to date with changes and developments in the industry which is why they have announced their top tips for mobile SEO.
Smart phones are increasingly becoming more and more popular in today’s society which means that more people have the ability to surf the internet in a mobile format. This increase in mobile search means that websites should be optimised for mobile mediums like smart phones and tablets in order to maintain their popularity and success.
Head of Search at SEO.org.uk comments on the issue:
“These days having a smart phone is the norm and with this popularity mobile browsing is starting to affect online marketing. If you own a website that is enjoying good search engine results but do not have a site or version of your main website that is optimised, you will be affected so act fast before you lose out”.
- Be logical- Mobile web browsers will use shorter search terms in search engines (mainly due to not having a real keyboard in front of them like a laptop or desktop computer) so be sure to use shorter tail phrases in your mobile keywords and meta data.
- Be sociable- Mobile users are often connected to social media networks 24/7 so be sure to have social media links embedded on every page.
- Streamline your site- You should streamline your website to focus on the most important/popular pages of your website.
- Scale- Your websites mobile page should not be a scaled-down version of the desktop site but a completely new website for the mobile element so don’t scale to fit, develop to scale.
- Desktop site- Include an easily visible ‘desktop site’ link so your users still have the option to visit the full site should they not find what they’re looking for on the mobile version.
Seo.org.uk is an Essex-based company with the aim of bringing effective yet affordable online marketing services to companies from all industries and backgrounds. The company offers a huge range of services including search engine optimisation, Pay Per Click account management, social media marketing and website design.