Just because you’re looking to lose weight doesn’t mean you shouldn’t enjoy flavorful fare – hot off the barbeque. LA Weight Loss
Greensboro, NC (PRWEB) September 12, 2012
Typically, summer barbeques conjure up images of juicy burgers, slow-roasted ribs or finely marbled steaks. In the culinary world, fat equals flavor – a dieter’s nightmare! But just because people look to lose weight doesn’t mean they shouldn’t enjoy flavorful fare – hot off the barbeque – along with friends and family.
LA Weight Loss, one of America’s leading companies for healthy weight loss, recently published its Good Grilling guide so people can go beyond the burger to enjoy healthy, delicious barbeque creations. Since 1997, LA Weight Loss has transformed millions of lives by providing personalized diet programs and nutritious real foods available anytime, anywhere. LA’s Good Grilling Guide is a collection of mouthwatering recipes and handy tips.
It’s time to get grilling – the LA Weight Loss way. Barbeque galore to a leaner, healthier lifestyle with LA’s Good Grilling cookbook, available online or in-center, and check out these sizzling weight loss tips to get started – no recipe required!
Be Picky about Protein
- The USDA regulates which cuts of beef can be called “lean” or “extra-lean” based on fat and cholesterol content. Cuts of lean beef include strip, tenderloin and T-bone steak, while cuts of extra-lean beef include top sirloin steak.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are lower in fat and perfect for marinades, but need to be monitored closely to prevent overcooking. Try grilling your chicken with the skin on – this is a great way to keep chicken moist. When the chicken is cooked, remove the skin to eliminate unnecessary fat and calories and apply a flavorful, lower calorie sauce.
- Burgers aren’t all bad: Avoid frozen, processed patties and make your own instead. Choose extra-lean ground beef, turkey or even chicken. Season with garlic powder, onion powder as well as onion and whole eggs. Get the family in on the action letting kids press together perfectly portioned patties – ready to wrap and freeze. Barbeque at a later date for a new, healthier take on fast food!
Best-dressed at the BBQ
- Marinades, bastes and glazes mean that lunch can go from lean to calorie-laden in an instant. When preparing the food, try marinating chicken and pork tenderloin in fat-free Italian salad dressing. Or make a marinade with acidic fruit such as lemons and limes and spices such as basil, garlic and oregano.
- Give sodium the rub: Pre-made seasoning rubs can be loaded with salt, causing unwanted bloating and elevating sodium intake unnecessarily. Get creative in the kitchen and create from scratch! Make a mild chili powder with paprika, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Just mix and store in an airtight container.
- Dress pasta and potato salads with a fat-free Italian or balsamic vinaigrette instead of a mayonnaise-based dressing to cut the fat – not the flavor.
Sizzling Sides and Sweet Endings
- Make corn pop with flavor and grill the cobs. Top with a mixture of reduced-fat margarine mixed with lemon zest, cilantro and cayenne pepper.
- End on a sweet note with nutrient-rich cherries and berries or enjoy a grilled apple quartered and sprinkled with cinnamon. Unlike the perennial summer favorite – watermelon – fruits like peaches, nectarines and apples are great on the grill and readily available, already in ideal individual serving sizes!
“Barbeques are a great way to gather together with family and friends, and enjoy fresh, delicious food – hot off the grill,” said Caroline Kolompar, Chief Marketing Officer of LA Weight Loss Centers. “With LA Weight Loss, you can enjoy real food with your friends and family during summer get-togethers and still meet your weight loss goals.”
About LA Weight Loss
Since 1997, LA Weight Loss has helped millions of people reach their long-term weight loss goals. Whether clients visit an LA Weight Loss center for one-on-one counseling or opt for the convenience of the at-home program, members lose an average of one to two pounds per week and learn how to keep it off for good. At LA Weight Loss, healthy living is not just for the rich and famous – it’s for everyone. For more information about LA Weight Loss, visit http://www.LAWeightLoss.com.