Our goal in creating this booklet was to give people more peace of mind—an important part of a fulfilling life,” said Quinn Britt, VP of Marketing at The SCOOTER Store
New Braunfels, TX (PRWEB) September 12, 2012
In recognition of National Falls Prevention Awareness Day on September 22, The SCOOTER Store, the nation’s leading provider of power mobility solutions is pleased to offer a complimentary booklet titled "Preventing Falls in Your Home.” The booklet was created to help older Americans and caregivers learn more about reducing falls and preventing fall-related injuries.
The 20-page booklet includes many fall prevention topics including:
- Making safe changes in your home
- Staying active within your limitations
- Getting your family involved
- Teaming up with your doctor to take better care of yourself
According to the National Centers for Disease Control Older Adult Falls page:
- One out of three adults age 65 and older falls each year, with the chances of falling and being seriously injured increasing with age
- Among those age 65 and older, falls are the leading cause of death from injury and also the most common cause of nonfatal injuries and hospital admissions for trauma
- In 2000, direct medical costs of falls totaled a little over $19 billion
Quinn Britt, VP of Marketing at The SCOOTER Store states “All Americans deserve the opportunity to age with grace and dignity in their homes, while connected to their family, friends, and community.”
The SCOOTER Store joins with the 46 states participating in Falls Prevention Awareness Day this year, and 70 national organizations, professional associations, and federal agencies in raising awareness of this major public health issue.
About the company:
Since 1991, The SCOOTER Store has helped provide freedom and independence to more people with limited mobility than any other company in the nation. The company offers power mobility solutions, including power wheelchairs, scooters, lifts, ramps, and accessories, which are available in 48 states. The company also provides Home Care products and services in some locations. Using these solutions provides today’s seniors an alternative to living in nursing homes or other care facilities. The company’s goal is to create an opportunity for every senior or disabled American to live their entire life safely and confidently at home. The SCOOTER Store was recently recognized by FORTUNE magazine in its prestigious “100 Best Places to Work for in America” for the second time. The company is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care. For more information, visit http://www.thescooterstore.com.