San Carlos, Calif. (PRWEB) September 12, 2012
PlayerScale, Inc. today announced a worldwide competition for game developers to create multiplayer micro-transaction based games using PlayerScale’s Player.IO cloud platform. The competition is sponsored by Adobe, Epic Game Ads and WhipFlash Studios.
With $150,000 USD worth of prizes, and a cash first prize of $30,000 USD, the Multiplayer Game Developer Competition aims to get more developers excited about multiplayer and micro-transaction enabled game development. To participate, developers must target their game for Adobe® Flash® Player, including the newly released Flash Player 11.4, and the Player.IO Cloud platform for multiplayer, micro-transaction, database and authentication integration.
“Targeting Flash Player for games lets developers consistently reach over 1.3 billion connected devices with no friction, and with a single workflow for desktop and mobile,” said Emmy Huang, Director of Gaming at Adobe. “Adobe is delighted to join other leading game companies to support the first Multiplayer Game Developer Competition, and we look forward to seeing the amazing multiplayer games the community will create.”
Flash Developers can immediately register and obtain information about development tools, access and support including rules of the competition: http://playerio.com/competitions/ega2012/. The deadline for game submissions is February 18, 2013.
Winners will be announced during GDC 2013 in San Francisco in March 2013.
"We’ve seen a tremendous interest and growth in the number of game developers creating long-tail content which includes established studios desire to create cross device games,” said Chris Benjaminsen, Chief Product Officer at PlayerScale. “PlayerScale provides the perfect tools and services to do just that. This competition is all about having fun while enabling Flash developers easy access to our services that drive more revenue similar to market leaders are generating. PlayerScale literally cuts the development time and costs to market a game in half and gives developers the power to operate on a global footprint without scaling concerns."
PlayerScale provides full access to the following products via the Player.IO cloud platform:
- Multiplayer & Server-side Processing Service - allows developers to run their code in the cloud and provides full and secure single and multiplayer support.
- BigDB - a modern NoSQL document database, like MongoDB or CouchDB, provides automatic partitioning and scaling, without requiring any developer interaction.
- PayVault - an easy to add in-game payment and/or a complete virtual currency system to your game. This system also includes a complete and secure purchased item management system.
- SiteBox - allows easy social application development for networks such as Facebook.
- GameFS - a scalable file system for your game that allows all your game-related files and assets to be stored without limits. . All files in GameFS are available via a global content delivery network that ensures files can be downloaded super-fast by players all over the world.
About PlayerScale Inc.
PlayerScale is the leader in the rapidly evolving convergence of Casual, Mobile and Social games. PlayerScale delivers a powerful multi-platform feature package, offered as a platform service that empowers long-tail and AAA content developers with sophisticated Infinity Scaling support. PlayerScale provides publishers and aggregators unrivaled reach to devices across casual, social and mobile games. PlayerScale supports Flash, Unity3D, C++, .Net, Android (JAVA), IOS (Objective-C) and HTML5. For more information, please visit http://www.playerscale.com
© 2012 PlayerScale Incorporated. All rights reserved.
PlayerScale, Player.IO, Infinity Scaling, PayVault, GameFS and BigDB are trademarks of PlayerScale, Inc. in the United States and Denmark. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Flash, Flash Builder and Creative Suite are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Chris Benjaminsen, +1-650-843-9090