Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) September 14, 2012
Setting up and decorating a Halloween party can be expensive. Partyhalloween.com, a premier website devoted to Halloween party ideas, has announced a ghoulishly fun contest with a grand prize worth $150 to scare up funds toward online Halloween purchases.
The contest, which is open until midnight, Nov. 10, encourages guests to show off their party decorating skills. Each entry must include a description of a Halloween party they've hosted, as well as images/photos of the décor, recipes and costumes, according to http://partyhalloween.com site manager Chris Molnar.
Written paragraphs can include a variety of information including how the entrants planned their party, design concepts, specific elements they're proud of (i.e. a great recipe or party game, a great home made prop, etc.).
“Over the years, I've truly loved hearing about the fun party ideas our readers have come up with,” said Molnar, who also hosts Halloweenalliance.com. “Halloween seems to get more creative each year.” So for 2012, “We're asking guests to show off their party skills with the possibility of being featured on our site,” he explained.
The winning entry will receive a $150 gift certificate to Buycostumes.com. “We chose Buycostumes because they have a huge variety,” Molnar said. “You can find accessories, costume pieces, décor and invitations. We call the site 'grownup fun' because so many adults love it.”
In fact, adult party items make up a significant chunk of Halloween sales annually, according to consumer marketing reports. “It's an evolution,” Molnar said. “Halloween was a very serious affair many centuries ago. Then in the mid-20th century, it became kid-centric. Now adults are being invited back in to party and have fun.”
That's a good thing, according to industry experts, who say dressing up can be a way for grownups to play act without risking harm to themselves or others.
“It's an outlet,” said Molnar, “and it's not just for Halloween. We have buyers who decorate and even dress up for parties all year long. Adult cosplay conventions are growing every year. We also see a significant percentage of kids and adults who peruse our site looking for school parties and theater productions.”
In addition to the Grand Prize winnings, runners-up will also be chosen. Along with the winner, each of four (4) runners-up will receive a copy of the ebook Party Halloween.
The contest's official rules and instructions:
- The contest is currently open and will run until midnight, Nov. 10, 2012. Winners will be announced November 15, 2012.
- One grand prize winner will be chosen and will receive a 3 x $50 gift certificate coupons, totaling $150. Two runners-up will be chosen to receive one copy each of the ebook Party Halloween.
- Each entry must include a few paragraphs describing the party the entrant has hosted.
- Each entry must be accompanied by at least one image. These can be of the decorated house/party area, foods and recipes, costumes and other related imagery.
- All qualifying entrants will have their party story and images published at Partyhalloween.com.
- Participants can enter as many times as they like - one different party per entry.
- Partyhalloween.com and its owner reserve the right to reject entries on any basis. Reasons might include but are not limited to offensive, illegal or hateful content, or content deemed to be in extreme bad taste.
- Winners are chosen by a panel of third-party judges.
- View complete contest details at http://partyhalloween.com/2012-contest
Party Halloween, founded in 2003, is a premier destination for ideas on planning a Halloween party. The site offers a newly written 140 page ebook on everything you need for planning a great (and even cheap!) Halloween party. Contents include printable invitations, cheap costume ideas, games, party themes, set design, fog machines, food and much more. The website features extra printables, party ideas, games and costume ideas.