(PRWEB) September 18, 2012
CMSWire.com, a web magazine focused on information management, social business and customer experience management, is holding a Twitter-based gathering on September 19, known as a “Tweet Jam,” to discuss how organizations can turn the data they collect into marketing actions.
Data. It comes from everywhere, websites, social networks, mobile apps and sites, search engines, contact centers, customer support systems and the list goes on and on. It's great to collect all this data. But here’s the key -- data isn't anything without action.
On Wednesday, September 19 at 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 18:00 BST the CMSWire editors and guest panelists welcome the broader community to spend an hour discussing how they are using their analytics and customer data, and what challenges they are currently facing.
The discussion questions are:
1. How are CXM/WEM demands stretching analytics and decision support tools today?
2. Is integration of analytics data silos and analytics middleware a growing demand?
3. What is the current thinking around ROI on data and analytics?
4. Is data capture accuracy or data representation / storytelling a bigger issue?
5. Marketing Automation is creating another data silo. How is this being addressed?
6. What is the biggest opportunity today in the analytics and/or data storytelling space?
All experience levels are welcome to join the event.
The CMSWire team has assembled a group of expert panelists who will be sharing their thoughts. Panelists include:
Participants may tweet their questions and responses throughout the Tweet Jam. By including the #CXMChat hashtag in all tweets, the messages will automatically become part of the discussion flow and will be included in CMSWire’s follow-up coverage of the event.
Tweet Jam Participation Guidance
Twitter is a highly flexible medium. In order to keep the discussion useful and focused, participants should follow these guidelines:
*Participants should introduce themselves with their first #CXMChat tweet. Include name, job title and the organization worked for.
CMSWire.com is a leading web magazine published by Simpler Media Group, Inc. The publication focuses on customer experience management, social business and information management practices and tools. The publication was founded in 2003 and currently has more than 270,000 monthly readers.