LOS ANGELES, CA (PRWEB) September 14, 2012
KCON (http://www.kconusa.com), the first-ever large scale convention dedicated to the hottest entertainment coming out of Asia including K-pop music, Korean dramas (K-dramas) and movies, announced today the addition of Nu’est to the line-up for the star-studded concert scheduled to cap off the day-long convention. Other artists already confirmed to perform include 4Minute, B.A.P., EXO-M, G.NA and VIXX. Five-member girl group 4Minute, which includes Hyuna, most recently known as one of the “sexy ladies” guest starring alongside PSY in his “Gangnam Style” hit videos that have an amassed over 150 million views this summer on YouTube. KCON takes place on October 13 at the Verizon Amphitheater in Irvine, CA. with tickets available for an affordable $40.
The event will be produced by Mnet (http://www.mnetamerica.com), a youth entertainment brand for all things Asian cool, which includes the only national, English-language lifestyle television network in the U.S. for fans of Asian pop culture. Panels, workshops and contests covering all aspects of “Hallyu” a.k.a. the Korean Wave will be a part of KCON, giving fans unprecedented access to the stars in attendance.
Some of the exciting events and celebrities scheduled to be in attendances are:
- BWB (Blue Whale Brothers), fresh off being crowned the season 2 winners of “Korea’s Got Talent,” will be bringing their world famous dance moves to Irvine for a performance and workshop.
- The hilarious K-Pop commentators Simon and Martina from Eat Your Kimchi will be on hand to judge a “yet-to-be-determined” competition. They will also be on the convention floor, meeting and greeting fans.
- Aimee Lee Lucas, renowned K-Pop choreographer who has worked with Big Bang and 2NE1, will be teaching fans the hottest movies including PSY’s patented “pony dance.”
- Veteran K-pop idol Danny Im (from 1YTM, and star of Mnet’s new TV series Danny from LA), will be one of the concert’s emcees.
- On hand offering up their delicious food will be a celebration of the most popular Korean food trucks from Los Angeles area.
- Prominent K-Pop producer for Jungle Entertainment and M.I.B., Peter Rocks will be in attendance participating in panels and meeting fans.
- David So and Just Kidding Films will bring their humorous online personalities to KCON to participate in a YouTube celebrity panel.
All tickets include admission to the concert and the entire convention programming slate. They can be purchased online at http://www.livenation.com
KCON (http://www.kconusa.com) is the first ever convention dedicated to ‘All Things Hallyu.’ KCON hopes to establish an annual flagship event that will improve the American fan experience by providing an affordable way for them to connect with each other as well as artists and professionals in the K-pop industry. Fans can connect with KCON via social media at http://facebook.com/kconusa, @kconusa or http://youtube.com/kconusa.
Mnet (http://www.mnetamerica.com) is a youth entertainment brand for all things Asian cool. It uses video, digital, experiential and social media to reach Millennials with lifestyle content inspired by Asian pop culture and entertainment. This includes the first and leading 24/7 English-language television network in the U.S. targeting fans of K-pop music, anime and other genres of entertainment growing in popularity throughout Asia and around the world. An advertiser-supported network –distributed in over 30 DMAs through Comcast Cable, Time Warner cable, FIOS TV, Cox cable, Charter Communications and via TV Everywhere – Mnet is the first U.S. television property of CJ Entertainment & Media Group, Asia’s leading vertically-integrated entertainment company and a unit of CJ Corporation. Mnet is headquartered in Los Angeles, can be found on http://www.facebook.com/MnetUSA, on Twitter @MnetLA and Tumblr at http:/./mnetamerica.tumblr.com.