Chicago, IL (PRWEB) September 15, 2012
Employment for Home Health Aids (HHAs), Caregivers, and Certified Nursing Assistants is expected to grow by nearly 70% from 2010 to 2020 estimates the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
“We are starting to get many inquires regarding home health aide certification for various Home Health Aide jobs in the New Jersey market,” comments Chelsea Cramer, a myCNAjobs Recruitment Squad member, dedicated to HHA and CNA recruitment in the State. “In light of this, we recently launched a tip guide for local residents to learn the ropes of New Jersey state requirements to become a certified Home Health Aide and find HHA jobs.”
Home Health Aids, also referred to as caregivers, are certified by the New Jersey Board of Nursing after completing a 76-hour HHA training program, competency exam, and a criminal background check.
The tip guide offers the following 7 tips to become HHA certified in New Jersey:
1. Enroll in a school approved by the New Jersey Board of Nursing in the country in which you reside.
2. Complete 76 hours of training covering a variety of HHA course topics
3. Take the competency exam
4. Submit an application, certification forms, and a check or money order to the New Jersey Board of Nursing. The school will send HHA hour verifications directly to the Board. For updated fee structures, it’s important to visit the Board website prior to mailing.
5. Within 4-5 weeks, check your approval status. Typically the HHA School receives an eligibility list.
6. Within a couple months after the state exam results, the results of an in-depth criminal background check will be complete.
7. Find a Home Health Aide Job in New Jersey! HHAs work directly under the supervision of an RN.
“We’re actively recruiting those seeking Home Health Aide jobs in the area,” comments Cramer. “We always recommend that students apply during school, allowing them to line up an HHA job with a local senior agency right after school.”
To learn more about caregiver jobs, HHA jobs, or CNA jobs, visit http://www.myCNAjobs.com.
myCNAjobs is the world’s most comprehensive resource to find rewarding work and hire caregivers and certified nursing assistants quickly. To learn more visit, myCNAjobs.com or contact info(at)myCNAjobs(dot)com.