(PRWEB) September 17, 2012
Collegeseekr.com, a college search engine with a treasure trove of education and job market data, has just published their 10 best paying associate's degrees.
They recognized that with over 700 available programs and an overwhelming amount of information out there, it can be hard for students to know where to start. So they mined data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Department of Education to bubble up the degree programs they could call the best.
What makes their list unique is their business like approach to recognizing the best. They focused on degrees which had low competition for jobs while still being very accessible (which they defined as having at least 1,000 graduates in 2010). The kind of details that would be very important to prospective students. In keeping with their philosophy of informing and empowering students they display key statistics along with each of their recommended programs so students can evaluate the information for themselves.
While different people will value different criteria in selecting their future career, such as their personal interests, this list will surely provide prospective students with some insightful ideas and information.
10 Best Paying Associate's Degrees
1. Dental Hygiene/Hygienist
2. Physical Therapy Technician/Assistant
3. Respiratory Care Therapy/Therapist
4. Fire Prevention and Safety Technology/Technician
5. Community Organization and Advocacy
6. Legal Assistant/Paralegal
7. Occupational Therapist Assistant
8. Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technician
9. Drafting and Design Technology/Technician, General
10. Aircraft Powerplant Technology/Technician