Doug Stewart, CEO of green energy uk, said: “Partnering with such a forward thinking and likeminded organisation such as Source East is really important to us. We endorse any brand, that like us, makes great strides to go green and more energy efficient."
(PRWEB) September 18, 2012
A leading supplier of sustainable energy in the UK has today announced a partnership with Source East, the East of England's electric vehicle recharging network, to help fund electric car charging points across the region.
Source East and green energy uk aspire to have 800 publicly accessible charging points, one within 25 miles of all businesses and residents in the Eastern counties. The partnership, which was announced this week, will help motorists become more eco-friendly and make use of environmentally sound alternatives.
Doug Stewart, CEO of green energy uk, said: “The East of England is a leader in the UK’s development and growth of electric vehicles. Therefore, it is important that we embrace this and become greener by putting in place the infrastructure to support it.
“Partnering with such a forward thinking and likeminded organisation such as Source East is really important to us. We endorse any brand, that like us, makes great strides to go green and more energy efficient. With the spiralling cost of petrol and the harmful pollution cars make we feel very passionately that the future of transportation is with electric vehicles.”
As part of the partnership, green energy uk will be offering members of the Source East charging network discounted home electricity that comes from green sources, to charge their electric vehicles overnight when at home.
Source East currently has a network of 195 charging bays installed, with an additional 88 bays in construction. As the publically accessible points become live they appear on an interactive map on the Source East website. Any vehicle that is licenced with the DVLA as a pure electric or a plug-in hybrid vehicle is able to join Source East through a yearly membership scheme.
Keith Bevis, director of Evalu8 Transport Innovation Ltd the company that manages the Source East programme, said: “Working to make electric car charging points more accessible in the East of England is something that we are all passionate about, especially with the heritage in this area for developing green transport solutions. Partnering with green energy uk means we will be able to help motorists travel in a more sustainable way.”
For more information about your nearest charging bay visit http://www.sourceeast.net or for further information on how to make the energy switch and get a home or business electricity quote visit http://www.greenenergyuk.com.
For more information, images or interviews contact Kirsty Shaw on 01858 411600 or on greenenergyuk(at)punchcomms.com.
About green energy uk
green energy uk is not like any other energy supplier, instead it challenges the idea that ‘being green’ is all about making a big commitment, about making an extra effort. People often talk about green energy as an 'alternative', green energy uk wants to make it mainstream, where taking the green option makes sense for everyone. It’s a lot more interesting than you’d think, green energy uk sources energy from tomatoes, skip waste and even cow pats!
To find out more visit: http://www.greenenergy.uk.com
About Source East
For more information about Source East, please contact Hannah Broady, University of Hertfordshire Press Office on 01707 284022, Email: h.broady(at)herts.ac.uk
- Source East is the public brand name of the East of England Electric Vehicle charging network operated by EValu8 Transport Innovations Ltd. Users of the network will receive Source East membership cards which will provide access to the growing network of charging points in the region. Each post will bear the distinctive Source East brand which follows the style and feel of Source London.
- Membership of Source East will give drivers unlimited free access to these charging points as well as those within the Source London region. A yearly membership costs just £10 and gives drivers the resource to access the online membership site which includes an interactive map of all charge point locations; one card to access any charge point on the scheme; and a dedicated call centre.
- To find out more visit: http://www.sourceeast.net
About EValu8 Transport Innovations Ltd
- Registered in October 2010, EValu8 Transport Innovations Ltd is a company set up by the University of Hertfordshire specifically to deliver the EValu8 project.
- The company oversees the installation of the innovation network and 600 plug-in posts across the East of England, the majority of which will be double recharging points. The posts will located in and around the eight key clusters of Bedford. Cambridge, Ipswich, Norwich, Peterborough, Luton and Hertfordshire and Thames Gateway South Essex.