Austin, Texas (PRWEB) September 20, 2012
Gourmet ice cream makers Republic Ice Cream (http://RepublicIceCream.com) were selected today by the Fantastic Fest film festival to provide desserts for moviegoers.
Fantastic Fest (http://FantasticFest.com) starts today in Austin, Texas (running from September 20-27) and Republic will be at the Alamo Drafthouse on South Lamar, dispensing a variety of ice cream treats. The appearance at Fantastic Fest will be Republic's public debut -- the first time anyone will be able to get a taste of the southern dessert company’s hearty, hand-crafted ice cream.
"Of course, there are butterflies with the 'public debut,' but we're also very happy and excited to finally share our creations with the world," said Republic co-founder and CEO Bradley Kohr, II. "We've poured a lot of passion into our ice cream, and know that people will love it as much as we love making it."
The Republic Ice Cream truck will be parked at 1200 South Lamar Blvd. between the Alamo Drafthouse movie theater and Highball bowling alley during all days of Fantastic Fest. Hungry film buffs can choose from a range of treats (ice cream sandwiches, chocolate-covered bars, and even whole pints) in eight of Republic's artisanal flavors.
- Island Vanilla: Classic vanilla with a subtle, spicy island twist.
- Thunderstorm Chocolate: Hearty cocoa made during the hot, stormy days of the American South.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry: A timeless classic made with fresh, handpicked strawberries.
- Southern Butter Pecan: Oven-roasted pecans for the perfect blend of sweet and salty.
- Around-the-World Chocolate Chip: Chocolate chips made with the best ingredients from around the world.
- Homestyle Cookies & Cream: Inspired by Grandma's dark-chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Cool Peppermint Chocolate Chip: Chocolate chip ice cream with a slight kick of all-natural peppermint
- Coffee Dream: Slow-roasted coffee beans for a creamy treat that awakens your senses.
Specific times for the Republic truck will be:
- September 20-23: Noon to 10:00 p.m.
- September 24-26: 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- September 27: 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
About Republic Ice Cream:
Republic Ice Cream is a gourmet southern ice cream company based out of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Stemming from three generations of family tradition, Republic's ice cream is crafted with utmost attention to detail. Their ingredients are exhaustively pursued and tried for quality – from the Pacific vanilla blend in 'Island Vanilla' to the hundreds of cocoa varieties sampled for 'Around-the-World Chocolate Chip.' Of course, some ingredients are watched over a little closer to home, like the handpicked strawberries for 'Old Fashioned Strawberry' and the home-roasted pecans for 'Southern Butter Pecan.'
Republic's passion is drawn from a family tradition spanning almost 100 years -- just enough time to develop the world's most inspired, well-crafted and deliciously rich ice cream!