“Through different revisions, we found that the most reasonable style for this case was a Pilot’s type bag. This effort culminated in the creation of a rolling case that has top and front access for wedding, event and travel photographers.
Santa Rosa, Calif. (PRWEB) September 19, 2012
Think Tank Photo announces that in November it will release the Airport Navigator™, the photography industry’s first rolling pilot’s case that allows photographers to access gear from the top and the front. The new pilot’s case also includes a shoulder strap for easing past gate check attendants.
The Airport Navigator™ holds two pro-size bodies, plus three to six extra lenses and most 15.4” laptops, iPads and documents. The two external side pockets can also accommodate pro-size flashes or water bottles.
The new roller’s lightweight design emphasizes fit and comfort, premium quality, and flexibility and function. The custom handle extends to total of 40” for easy rolling. The pilot’s case utilizes the highest quality YKK RC Fuse zippers, custom designed and replaceable in-line skate wheels, and antique nickel plated metal hardware. It features a shoulder strap whose piggy-back function allows for easy attachment to other rollers.
“This project dates back many years as our designers strived to create a dual access roller,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank Photo CEO and Lead Designer. “Through different revisions, we found that the most reasonable style for this case was a Pilot’s type bag. This effort culminated in the creation of a rolling case that has top and front access for wedding, event and travel photographers. This is yet another unique first for the camera industry.”
Additional features include:
- 15” Laptop compartment
- iPad/document pocket
- Top and front access panels to photo gear
- Lockable zippers on both main zippered compartments
- Retractable handle slides through top lid handle to hold lid open for quick access to gear while shooting
- Removable shoulder strap includes piggy-back function for attaching Airport Navigator to other TTP rollers
- Two external side pockets to accommodate flashes or water bottles
- Releasable front panel straps hold the laptop compartment open for quick access to electronics when attached or full access to photo gear when released. Straps also tuck-away when not in use.
- Custom designed and replaceable handle and wheels
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
The Airport Navigator’s all-fabric exterior is treated with a DWR coating while fabric underside is coated with PU for superior water resistance. It utilizes YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion resistant) zippers, 420D velocity nylon, 420D high-density nylon, 600D brushed polyester, custom designed replaceable in-line skate wheels, Ultra Stretch pockets, antique nickel plated metal hardware, aluminum reinforcement, rubberized laminate, 3D air mesh, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
External Dimensions: 16” W x 15.5” H x 10” D (40.6 × 39.4 × 25.4cm)
Internal Dimensions: 15” W x 13” H x 6.8” D (38.1 × 33 × 17.3cm)
Laptop: 14.8” W x 11” H x 1.5” D (37.6 × 28 × 3.8cm)
Weight: 8.1-9.2 lbs (3.7-4.2 kg)