Carmichael, California (PRWEB) September 19, 2012
California insurance agency, Nocito Benefit Insurance Services, recognizes the month of September as National Fruits and Veggies - More Matters® Month.
According to the Cancer Institute of New Jersey (CINJ), the National Fruit and Vegetable Program was launched in March of 2007 along with a new public health initiative. “The new guidelines recommended two to six and a half cups of fruits and vegetables a day or the equivalent of four to 12 servings.” The program is also designed to inform Americans that eating fruits and vegetables can improve health, reduce risk of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and various other diseases.
Fast-forwarding to the year 2012, September has been named National Fruit and Vegetable Month. In an effort to keep the community healthy, Nocito Benefit Insurance Services has put together a few tips to help the residents of CA increase their fruit and veggie intake. Here are 10:
1. Make a fruit smoothie for breakfast (banana, strawberry, blueberries, etc.).
2. Grab a portable fruit for an on-the-go snack (apple, banana and pears are good for this).
3. Stir vegetables into pasta, rice or even an omelet.
4. Accompany breakfast cereal or eggs with an orange (or whatever fruit preferred).
5. Keep homes stocked with fruit, in a visible place.
6. Opt for a veggie-topped pizza rather than plain cheese.
7. Add fresh spinach to a typical fruit smoothie for a powerful and healthful “green” smoothie.
8. Cut up raw veggies to snack on during the day (peppers, celery, carrots, etc.)
9. Add fresh fruit to pancakes instead of butter and syrup.
10. Make a hearty vegetable soup as opposed to a standard chicken noodle soup.
For more information on fruits and vegetables, the agency encourages California residents to check out the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. Nocito Benefit Insurance Services is dedicated to providing the California community with a wide range of both health and life insurance solutions, as well as health and life-saving advice. Its agents hope locals will stay healthy, stay active and stay covered.
About Nocito Benefit Insurance Services:
Since opening its doors in 2001, Nocito Benefit Insurance Services has been dedicated to providing Nevada and California residents with a wide range of life and health insurance solutions, from California group health insurance to individual health, life, dental and vision policies. The agency’s relationships with various insurance companies allow its agents to find clients the right coverage for the right price. Individuals and businesses can always count on Nocito Benefit Insurance Services for a quick, accurate and affordable rate.