California homeowners should take the following precautions when expecting visitors with small children.
Carmichael, California (PRWEB) September 25, 2012
California insurance agency, Nocito Benefit Insurance Services, provides the California community with child safety tips in light of National Baby Safety Month.
According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 2,800 children, ages one to 14 years old, die from unintentional injuries. With such an alarming statistic, it is important that parents, grandparents and even babysitters recognize this issue and take the proper precautions. In addition, to avoid accidents and claims to home insurance, California homeowners should take the following precautions when expecting visitors with small children:
- Inspect all toys for cracks, defects, or other hazards
- Cover all electrical outlets with safety plugs
- Keep electrical cords out of reach
- Install a barrier around the fireplace
- Supervise babies while they eat and play to avoid choking
- Never leave a baby unattended in the tub or in a high chair
- Secure heavy furniture and décor by bolting it to the wall
- Use baby gates where necessary
- Keep chairs, cribs and furniture away from windows
- Keep medicine, household products and toxic chemicals out of reach of children
- Use baby safety locks on drawers and cabinets
- Learn CPR
For further information on baby safety, the agents at Nocito Benefit Insurance Services encourage the residents of California to head over to the official Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA), an annual sponsor of Baby Safety Month. Besides being dedicated to providing the California community with a wide range of both health and life insurance solutions, the agents are also here to offer both health and life-saving advice.
About Nocito Benefit Insurance Services:
Since opening its doors in 2001, Nocito Benefit Insurance Services has been dedicated to providing Nevada and California residents with a wide range of life and health insurance solutions, from California group health insurance to individual health, life, dental and vision policies. The agency’s relationships with various insurance companies allow its agents to find clients the right coverage for the right price. Individuals and businesses can always count on Nocito Benefit Insurance Services for a quick, accurate and affordable rate.