Know what items are prohibited onboard the cruise
Kent (PRWEB UK) 20 September 2012
Knowing what to pack for a cruise holiday can make that journey one to be pleasantly remembered always or one to be pushed way to the back of the mind, especially if this is the first trip ever. The tips below might make the cruise one to sail through.
- Do a checklist for documents e.g.:- tickets, passports, visas, proof of citizenship, driving license for on shore driving.
- Vaccination certificates if this is required-check your cruise liner
- Make sure the luggage to be used is in good condition
- Check how many bags are allowed on board-cruise lines will encourage you to maybe take at least 2 bags per person but are less restrictive than airlines.
- Know what items are prohibited onboard the cruise. Some examples are:-
ALCOHOL: on embarkation day, you will not be allowed to take alcohol onboard. During stops, any alcohol bought would most likely be kept safely for you until the day you disembark.
WEAPONS: scissors, knives, ammunition, tasers etc.
ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES: coffee makers, coolers, hotplates etc.
DRUGS: No illegal drugs and substances are allowed
SPORTS ACCESSORIES: bats, skateboards, surf boards, martial arts kit etc.
OTHER: No candles or incense or burning substances
- The dress code will affect your packing so be in the know about the cruises dress code is as there most likely would have formal dress nights. Be clear what formal or casual dress means for that particular cruise taking.
- Here are some great links with an in-depth list of items to pack for women and men
Luggage Superstore established site is in West Kingsdown, Kent. Their aim is providing competitive prices of the highest quality luggage and top calibre Customer Service for online luggage shopping.