Columbus, OH (PRWEB) September 20, 2012
Steptoe & Johnson PLLC will hold two “Banking in Utica and Marcellus Assets” seminars for bankers and other investors in Ohio and Pennsylvania looking to capitalize on Marcellus and Utica shale opportunities.
The seminars will be held:
- Friday, September 28, 8:30am-1:30pm at the Hilton Columbus at Easton in Columbus, Ohio
- Tuesday, October 16, 8:30am-1:30pm at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
In Columbus, members of the Steptoe & Johnson Energy, Banking, Real Estate and Commercial Transactions teams will join Jay R. Meglich from Schneider Downs to discuss topics of interest to those with assets in the Utica shale play, and to bankers and financial institutions working with developers in the industry.
Topics for the Columbus seminar include:
- Oil & Natural Gas Financial Opportunities – Robert J. Andre III of Steptoe & Johnson
- Oil & Gas Rights and Interests – Bryan K. Prosek of Steptoe & Johnson
- Structuring and Documenting the Oil and Gas Loan – Andrew J. Kalgreen of Steptoe & Johnson
- Economic impact, valuation and other financial issues of the shale play – Jay R. Meglich, CPA of Schneider Downs
“The goal of these seminars is to offer perspective on the complex nature of financing for oil and gas production,” said Andrew J. Kalgreen of the firm’s Columbus office. “With leaders from both the legal and banking fields, we feel this series of seminars will help investors leave well-equipped to handle new challenges in doing business in the Utica and Marcellus shale plays.”
“Banking in Utica and Marcellus Assets” is the latest in a series of seminars produced by Steptoe & Johnson focused on helping businesses deal with the challenges that come with shale exploration. For more information on these events, visit http://www.steptoe-johnson.com.
About Steptoe & Johnson
Steptoe & Johnson PLLC is a business-focused energy firm with particular strengths in corporate, labor, employment, and litigation. It comprises more than 250 lawyers resident in eleven locations throughout Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas and West Virginia. Visit http://www.steptoe-johnson.com.
For more information, contact Betsy Spellman, Chief Marketing Officer, at (304) 933-8000 or by email betsy.spellman (at) steptoe-johnson (dot) com