Orlando, FL (PRWEB) September 26, 2012
– TMW Systems® introduced major new product capabilities for customers of its Asset Maintenance Software: TMT Fleet Maintenance—SQL and TMT Fleet Maintenance—IBM i®, during its annual TransForum User Conference. The company continues to invest in supporting the needs of fleets and heavy duty repair centers managing their maintenance operations with either the Microsoft® SQL or IBMi versions of the software. The new modules and enhanced features will be demonstrated during the TransForum 2012 User Conference and Exhibition for TMW Systems held this week at The Peabody Orlando in Florida.
New features or modules announced for TMT Fleet Maintenance and Service Center—SQL include:
- Interactive Workstation in .NET—designed with a browser based touchscreen interface for shop-floor utility, this productivity module includes Mechanic Workstation and adds Gate In/Gate Out activity tracking, Yard Check features and Inbound Inspection Lane ticket support, and is compatible with handheld tablets running Windows 7
- Integration and support for electronic Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports through interfaces developed with leading mobile communications providers – PeopleNet®, Qualcomm® and Zonar®
- Tire Management Module—advanced tracking and reporting capabilities designed to support proper tire management including depth and pressure positional tracking as well as life-cycle cost comparisons across make and manufacturer
- Support for automatic parts inventory replenishment based on service level, historical usage, forecasted period, lead time, order cycle time and seasonality
- MOTOR™ Labor Time Standards—web services based integration for industry-standard labor times to establish benchmarks for costing, billing and planning activities by year, make and model. Additional features include VIN lookup and support of VMRS codes
- Advanced reporting—building on Microsoft® SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), this offers a new library of highly customizable management reports with browser delivery. Features include user defined filtering, organization through folders, one click reporting, and simple report sharing
New features or modules announced for TMT Fleet Maintenance—IBM i include:
- Web Edition—a browser-based rich graphical user interface across the entire product based on Profound UI and Apache Server; support for Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox with multiple device support including portable hand-helds and tablets with internet browsing capabilities
- Inventory costing that now supports LIFO/FIFO and serialized parts
- DVIR and Meter import interfaces with PeopleNet® in-cab mobile communications systems
For details about new TMT Fleet Maintenance software capabilities and modules, please call 800.401.6682 or email: Solutions (at) tmwsystems (dot) com. Information can also be requested through the company’s website at http://www.tmwsystems.com
About TMW Systems
TMW Systems is the leading Transportation Management Software (TMS) provider to for-hire and private fleets, brokerage and 3PL organizations. Founded in 1983, TMW has focused exclusively on providing mission-critical enterprise software to the transportation industry, including asset-based and non-asset-based operations as well as heavy-duty vehicle service centers. With offices in Cleveland, Dallas, Indianapolis, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Raleigh and Vancouver, the company serves over 2,300 customers, including many of the largest, most sophisticated and complex trucking companies in North America. TMW customers collectively manage over $70 billion in annual freight spend, direct more than 500,000 power units and maintain more than 1.7 million assets worldwide, including North America, Europe, Latin America and Australia-New Zealand.
# # #
TruckMate, TMWSuite, Innovative IES are all registered trademarks of TMW Systems Inc. All other trademarks belong to their respective companies.