Charlotte, NC (PRWEB) September 20, 2012
How big is the demand for the new iPhone 5? Quite large, according to a survey released today by OCS Market Research (http://www.onlycashsurveys.com), one of the nation’s fastest growing survey panels. The results of the survey demonstrate the magnitude of pent up demand for the latest version of Apple’s iPhone.
1021 OCS Market Research panelists participated in the survey. The survey was conducted on September 19, 2012.
- 52% of consumers with plans of buying a cell phone within 6 months say they plan to purchase Apple’s iPhone 5 (IOS).
- 24% say they will purchase the Samsung Galaxy SIII or Samsung Note (Android )
- 4% say they plan on purchasing a Blackberry smartphone
- 3% plan on purchasing the Nokia Lumia smartphone (windows )
- 17% of the respondents plan to purchase “other” cell phones. ( various smartphones, feature phones, and “dumb” phones)
Preorders for the new iPhone exceeded two million in the first 24 hours. This new record is over twice the number of preorders for last years iPhone 4.
About OCS Market Research LLC
OCS Market Research LLC (http://www.onlycashsurveys.com) is a leading online survey and market research firm. Founded in 2009, the company has over 500,000 survey panel members in the United States. Companies use our panel members to obtain consumer and business insights through online surveys. Our panel members are rewarded in cash for each survey they complete. They also receive $5 for joining the Only Cash Surveys panel.
For OCS Market Research LLC