Since CV opened the doors of its first location in early 2011, there has been impressive growth in consumer awareness of and demand for our wines in Hong Kong.
(PRWEB) September 22, 2012
Wines from boutique California vintners are attracting a growing number of enthusiasts half a world away in cosmopolitan Hong Kong.
CAL-VIN HOLDING LLC (CV), in conjunction with its master franchise partner RGL HOLDINGS LTD. (RGL), has announced the opening of the second California Vintage wine bar restaurant in the dynamic Brim 28 retail center in Wan Chai, located directly across from the bustling Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center.
Leveraging the success it has enjoyed at its flagship Wyndham Street location, this launch marks a significant milestone in CV’s plan to extend its California-themed concept across Hong Kong and throughout Asia.
“Since CV opened the doors of its first location in early 2011, there has been impressive growth in consumer awareness of and demand for our wines in Hong Kong”, said Greg Chambers, Co-Owner/Winemaker of CV Partner Kachina Vineyards, a producer of extremely limited-production wines in the Dry Creek Valley of Sonoma in Northern California. “Now, as CV begins to extend its geographic reach, the impact will be far more significant, which not only benefits the wineries involved in this venture, but the overall positioning of the California wine industry in Asia.” Situated on a stunning hillside estate vineyard property, the winery produces Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Charbono, Sparkling Brut and Zinfandel Port.
In addition to Kachina, CV’s other winery partners include Acorn Winery & Alegría Vineyards Anaba Bonneau Wines Cass Winery Chentella Winery Fleury Winery Fritz Winery Hope Family Wines LangeTwins Winery & Vineyards Peachy Canyon Winery R&B Cellars Rock Wall Wine Company RustRidge Winery Dunstan Silver Mountain Vineyards Stuhlmuller Winery Thomas Fogarty Winery Three Wine Company Tierra Roja/Mellowood Venge Vineyards and Yorba Wines.
“CV is proud of the pioneering role it has played in introducing the Asian market to the authentic taste of California in the form of hand-crafted, limited-production wines paired with fresh, seasonal wine country-inspired cuisine. Our concept has been deeply embraced by the market since its debut in January 2011, and we are now excited to extend that experience to a broader audience through our new Wan Chai location” said Jeff Ronan, CV Operating Partner and General Manager.
The new Wan Chai location embraces all core components of the CV brand, including:
- Its partnerships with 22 family-owned wineries from throughout the state that collectively, reflect the breadth, diversity and quality of California's multiple wine regions. The wine list features a rotating selection of nearly 100 wines that are exclusively produced by these vintners and available to sample and enjoy by the taste, half-glass, full-glass or bottle. As in Central, the Wan Chai location offers all wines for retail sale and, with a more sizeable retail display area, will offer a more extensive product selection;
- CV’s signature Seasonal Pairing Menu which features a seasonally-changing selection of fresh, wine country-inspired California cuisine prepared using genuine, California-sourced ingredients and presented so as to encourage the selection of food that will enhance the wine experience. In Wan Chai, the offering has been extended to include a fresh seafood bar, featuring a rotating selection of raw and cooked seasonal catches;
- An “industrial chic” decor that provides an ambience that is reminiscent of CV’s California wine country roots. Augmenting the design components carried over from Central, the Wan Chai location features a stunning redwood bar created from a single piece of wood directly sourced from the famous groves of Northern California. It also includes a Winery Partner Photo Wall and a display of wine barrels previously used by these vintners, both of which serve to further bring their stories to life;
- An interactive, user-friendly and tech-enhanced environment with smartcard-enabled dispensing machines and info-loaded iPad menus to help customers make well-informed selections with further details available on all wine and food offerings;
- Attentive, friendly and knowledgeable staff led by a highly experienced management team who have been part of the CV organization since its inception.
About California Vintage
California Vintage is a branded chain of wine bar restaurants which introduces the Asian market to the authentic taste of California wine country in environments that are engaging, entertaining, educational and exciting. Its wine program features an exclusive, diverse and rotating selection of 90 hand-crafted wines, all of which are produced by its 22 boutique California winery partners and available to enjoy by the taste, half-glass, full-glass or bottle, as well as for retail sale.
Complementing the wine program is a signature Seasonal Pairing Menu which offers a selection of fresh, wine country-inspired cuisine prepared using genuine, California-sourced ingredients. Beyond its praise-winning wine and food programs, CV engages both wine connoisseurs and casual enthusiasts alike with a friendly, well-informed staff and an interactive, tech-enhanced environment that includes smartcard-enabled dispensing machines and info-loaded iPad menus. For those seeking to further developing their wine knowledge, CV also offers ongoing public tasting programs and events, as well as private group events.
For more information, please visit http://www.cvwinebar.com.
About RGL Holdings, Ltd.
RGL Holdings is the strategic partner and master franchise holder for California Vintage in Hong Kong and Guangdong Province in southern China. A privately held holding company, RGL is active in cross border industrial transactions, incubation to growth-stage technology and retail opportunities, corporate turnarounds and transformations, and special purpose large scale real estate projects. It establishes, invests in, partners with and advises for-profit businesses, social enterprises and not-for-profit organizations, and is active as principal, sponsor and advisor. Prior experience in the Asian food and beverage sector for RGL’s principals, partners and advisors include the establishment and successful exit of Starbucks Beijing and Tianjin. RGL has direct, portfolio and/or affiliate operations in Asia, North America and Europe.
For more information, please visit http://www.rglcompanies.com.