(PRWEB UK) 21 September 2012
KA-POW! A Supersonic Weekend of SuperHeroes has arrived at Spaceport, Wirral.
Mersey Ferries Comic Strip Weekend takes place on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd September 2012 at Spaceport, Seacombe Ferry Terminal. As well as being able to meet and be photographed with Batman, Spiderman, Black Cat, Captain America, Wonder Woman and many more comic strip favourites* - there will also be an opportunity to meet two comic artists/illustrators - Anthony Williams and Andy Lanning and view a selection of original works, unique props and cut-outs. Plus, there will be a craft area where visitors will be able to design and craft their own superhero or villain masks and gadgets and face-painting*.
There will be a series of 'Science of Superheroes' workshops during the weekend taking place in Spaceport's Dome Theatre and hosted by Matt Dickinson who is a lecturer of Computer Aided Engineering at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan). Learn amazing facts like what Spiderman's web is made from and how you would fuse metal to bones to be like Wolverine.
Anthony Williams worked for Marvel & DC as a freelance artist working on titles such as Superman, Batman and the X-men and now runs a studio which creates comic books for use internationally. Andy Lanning works exclusively in comics for Marvel and DC, writing and inking many high profile books including Spiderman, Superman and the X-men.
Anthony and Andrew will provide a comic booth and banners showcasing their work including many original prints. They will also provide a limited number of small sketches for visitors free of charge and offer tips and advice to budding comic artists who are invited to bring along their own portfolios of work for review.
"This weekend will really capture the imagination and bring Comic Strip favourites alive to both adults and children. We all have a superhero whether it was a family member, friend or TV character – someone we look up to or admire.
So whether you love Batman, are mad about illustration or just fascinated by comic strips, why not bring your Superhero, jump on board a Mersey Ferry and head to Spaceport Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd September 2012. There is no additional cost to visiting during the Comic Strip Weekend - just normal entry charges apply.
- Normal admission charges apply, face painting is an extra £2 charge. Costume Characters are subject to change. For competition Terms and Conditions please visit the Spaceport website.
For more information, additional photography or interview opportunities with Anthony Williams contact Merseytravel Attractions’ Press Office Vivid PR on 0161 819 5140 or email rachel(at)viv-id.co.uk
Notes to editors
Tweet the story (140 characters):
KA-POW! A Supersonic Weekend of #SuperHeroes coming to #Spaceport, Wirral this weekend with @merseyferries Comic Strip Weekend.
- Spaceport is a £10million attraction based at Mersey Ferries Seacombe Terminal.
- Visitors can park with ease in one of 200 FREE parking spaces and become a virtual astronaut entering Spaceport through a worm hole to get hands on with interactive exhibits, take a 360 degree journey through space in the amazing Space Dome planetarium and blast of in a motion simulator ride as well as join the world’s favourite inventor Wallace and his faithful pooch Gromit in Spaceport’s special exhibition sector for the final months of world premiere “Wallace and Gromit in Space”.
- It’s a grand day out for the whole family with some cracking interactive contraptions, a visit to Wallace’s workshop, see a selection of sets from the award-winning films and design an alien at the clay station!
- Discover where science meets science fiction in the Alien Zone and don’t forget The Final Frontier, a hyperspace store with an amazing range of gifts to take your exploration of space home.
- Supported by LJMU, Spaceport offers both great value entertainment and education, focused on fun and learning with a packed out of this world events calendar including; Comic Strip Festival - 22nd & 23rd September; Ben 10 Weekend - 17th & 18th November; Christmas Grotto - 1st & 2nd, 8th & 9th Dec and Sci-fi Weekend - 9th & 10th March 2013.
- Visitors can ‘make a day of it’ and combine a visit with a 50 minute Mersey Ferry river explorer cruise.
- Opening Times: Tuesday to Sunday and all Bank Holidays except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Opens 10.30am, Last Admission 4.00pm, Closes 5.00pm
- Prices: Adult £8.00, Child (5-15 yrs) £4.50, Family (2 adults & 3 children) £20.50, Concession £5.50. Combination tickets are available.
- Directions: From the M56 westbound, turn right onto the M53 J11. Follow the M53 motorway to J1, take A5139 [Docks Link/ Dock Road]. Roundabout, straight over on the A5139. Next roundabout, left onto the A554. The terminal building is on the right hand side, with 200 free car park spaces.
- Spaceport, Victoria Place, Seacombe, Wallasey, Wirral, CH44 6QY
Telephone: 0151 330 1444