(PRWEB UK) 21 September 2012
Gold investment has seen a steady rise in popularity thanks to its low volatility and simplicity. With uncertain futures for currencies worldwide and a growing interest in adding gold to pension plans, a growing number of investors are looking into adding gold to their portfolio.
As investors explore which gold is the best form of investment for them, Physical Gold has announced the South African Krugerrand as its featured product. They explain the facts and benefits of this particular bullion coin:
1. The South African Krugerrand was first minted in 1967 and was the first gold coin to contain one ounce of fine gold, leading to it becoming a vehicle for the private ownership and trade of gold.
2. The original intention of the Krugerrand was for it to be circulated as a currency, so it was minted in 22 Karat gold with copper strengthening alloy. This has led to one of its main selling points, its durability.
3. The Krugerrand is the world’s most popular gold investment coin, with more in circulation than any other gold coins combined. There are 54 million in circulation, making it one of the least expensive to buy.
4. The Krugerrand provides unparalleled liquidity, making it easy to sell at any time with maximised chances of selling at a good price.
5. The coin features the profile of Statesman Paul Kruger, four term president of the old South African republic. The reverse displays one of the national symbols of South Africa, the Springbok antelope.
Physical Gold Ltd is a leading UK gold dealer, helping investors diversify their portfolios with innovative investment solutions. Renowned for their ground breaking products such as the Sipp gold and Gold Accumulation Account, the firm specialise in providing customers with tailored assistance in sourcing the best gold for their personal requirements. Based in London, the team are BNTA accredited and have an unrivalled knowledge of the gold market as well as an exceptional understanding of the general financial markets.