Kent (PRWEB UK) 24 September 2012
General consensus has shown that a high percentage of European holiday makers put availability of connections for mobile phones as one of the top priorities in choosing a holiday.
However, with so many stories that are heard of, like unbelievably high bills that are unjustifiable or seem simply not possible, or arriving on holiday and the phone is not working. There are suggested ways to avoid such horror stories.
1. Contact your mobile network provider first as there may be special packages for travelling abroad which may be suitable if you think your mobile phone will be used often. On July 1st, 2012 the European Union introduced new laws on mobile roaming to force operators to curb excessive and unfair mobile phone bills. Within the EU call costs are now capped at 23p per minute for calls and 56p/MB (excluding VAT) for internet access. The cap will get lower over the next two years until it reaches 15p a minute for calls and 16p/MB for internet access by 2014.
2. Switch off data roaming or get your provider to do it for you. When this is switched on it allows your phone to hop across different networks until it finds a signal to use, especially with apps that update automatically.
3. Turn off the voicemail service as retrieving voicemails can add up eventually costing sometimes up to .20p a go.
4. Seek out free Wi-Fi internet cafes which have become quite popular for holiday makers now.
5. A simple overlooked rule is to buy local pay- as -you -go sim card. The phone should be an unlocked phone though, so again check with your operator to confirm this.
6. Text messages are cheaper than calls, so choose to use text messages if you’re watching cost.
7. Landline voicemail - Most networks let you check your voicemail through a special landline phone number. Speak to your mobile network for more information on this.
8. Take your own Wi-Fi. There are credit card size dongles which can turn a 3G into Wi-Fi. This device can be shared with up to five other users, so if travelling as a family or group, it will be able to save up to five people on Wi-Fi costs.
With these simple effective suggestions and a bit of planning ahead can allow great holiday memories rather than high bills.
Luggage Superstore established site is in West Kingsdown, Kent. Their aim is providing competitive prices of the highest quality luggage and top calibre Customer Service for online luggage shopping.