Centerville, MA (PRWEB) September 23, 2012
BIM in the Academy delivers a robust and comprehensive curriculum that reflects the ever-growing importance of BIM and its effect on making our built world better, greener, safer and healthier. The day-long Academy will answer the building science community’s increasing demand for information with a four-part program. Developed by front-line universities that are driving industry innovation, the four 90-minute seminars submit cutting edge developments in BIM and sustainability.
BIM in the Academy Part 1: BIMStorm
University of Oklahoma
The Pennsylvania State University
- Educational elements of BIMStorm Oklahoma City (OKC), a unique partnership between the City of Oklahoma City and industry participants to create a virtual BIM student event.
- Review of tools that support education using BIM to present interdisciplinary, real world problems to students.
- Research and development of the BIM Scorecard that evaluates outcomes of BIM adoption.
BIM in the Academy Part 2: Design Initiatives
California Polytechnic State University
Texas A&M University
MIT, Computation Group
- Use of BIM for preplanning in commercial building construction.
- BIM CAVE - Immersive Reviewing System that provides students a multi- faceted simulation used for visualizing the details of a virtual building.
- oIQ, an interactive tool for evaluating BIM components’ interactions.
BIM in the Academy Part 3: Facility Performance
Illinois Institute of Technology
Ball State University
- Building information modeling maturity in construction projects.
- Nanotechnology enabling BIM for facility owners.
- Net-zero energy and carbon neutrality with examples of student designs.
BIM in the Academy Part 4 - International Initiatives
University of Wyoming
Anglia Ruskin University
- University and industry collaboration for BIM implementation.
- From Paris to Laramie: international prof-student collaboration using BIM.
- Cloud computing as integration platform for BIM applications ‘Cloud BIM’.
Special discounts are available for educators and students for this seminal one-day event at http://www.aececobuild.com/registration. Industry leaders, sponsors and exhibitors can register or get more information at http://www.aececobuild.com/exhibitors-advertisers-sponsors.
About AEC Science & Technology®, LLC
Under the leadership of Principals Richard C. Vendola, Jr., and George Borkovich, AEC
Science & Technology®, LLC (Centerville, MA), manages and produces Ecobuild®
America. Together they have a depth of experience in technology and event planning for the AEC industry, including creating and managing the former A/E/C SYSTEMS International conference and exhibition. The events cover the unique intersection where ecology meets technology. Proud member of: buildingSMART alliance™; Green Building Initiative; High Performance Building Congressional Caucus Coalition; United States Green Building Council; and Zero Energy Commercial Building Consortium.