Because of varying regulations and complex privacy rules, Europe didn’t embrace the cloud early on, but the market is poised to explode now.
San Franicisco (PRWEB UK) 24 September 2012
GigaOM, a global technology media company, today announced the finalists of the Structure:Europe 2012 LaunchPad, a high-profile competition that recognizes Europe’s most-promising startups in cloud computing, internet infrastructure, and data. The five finalists below were chosen for their groundbreaking technologies and business models driving the future of the cloud industry.
● BESOL (Spain) is a highly visual, easy-to-use cloud provisioning platform.
● ComodIT (Belgium) provides IT automation as a service.
● DoxOut (Macedonia) is a cross platform office suite integrated with cloud to help view, edit, create and collaborate on documents anywhere.
● FileSpirit (Germany) empowers the mobile workforce by enabling mobile access to company files and knowledge.
● Wercker (The Netherlands) is a continuous deployment platform that helps developers eliminate risk and waste in the development process by enabling them to test and deploy their code often.
Cloud computing is one of the fastest-growing sectors of the digital economy, particularly in Europe. An upcoming European Commission report suggests that governments and businesses should invest €45 billion in cloud computing by 2020 to boost GDP by nearly €900 billion and create 3.8 million jobs by the end of the decade.
“Because of varying regulations and complex privacy rules, Europe didn’t embrace the cloud early on, but the market is poised to explode now,” said Stacey Higginbotham, senior writer for GigaOM and co-chair of Structure:Europe. “These LaunchPad companies are fueling cloud growth and adoption in Europe.”
Startups less than 12 months old with innovative technologies powering cloud computing, internet infrastructure, or big data applications were eligible to apply for LaunchPad. The finalists will present their business plans on stage at Structure:Europe 2012, GigaOM’s flagship event for cloud computing, taking place 16-17 October 2012 in Amsterdam.
Follow Structure:Europe on Twitter (@GigaOM / #structureeurope) to stay up to date as new speakers and sessions are announced.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM has grown into the leading independent voice on emerging technologies and the disruption of media. The GigaOM news network’s online audience of 5.5 million monthly unique readers relies on its definitive coverage of cloud, mobile, cleantech, consumer web and media. GigaOM Pro offers the highest quality research and analysis of emerging technology markets and the companies making a difference in those sectors. GigaOM Events bring together the people innovating, shaping and defining the ongoing evolution of the technology industry.