The program provides simple payback calculations starting with the thermal performance and cost of energy for both insulated and uninsulated piping and equipment
Alexandria, VA (PRWEB) September 26, 2012
The North American Insulation Manufacturers Association (NAIMA) recently launched a new version of the 3E Plus® insulation thickness software program that operates in Windows® XP, Vista and Windows 7 environments. 3E Plus performs a wide range of energy, economic and environmental calculations to help specifiers, engineers, plant managers and facility management personnel determine cost savings through increased insulation thicknesses. The program was developed by NAIMA to simplify the task of calculating how much insulation is necessary to use less energy, protect personnel against hot piping and equipment, control condensation, reduce plant emissions and improve process efficiency. The program and new screen-by-screen user guide and can be downloaded free of charge from http://www.pipeinsulation.org.
3E Plus quickly and accurately determines where additional insulation can improve the process efficiency of pipes, boilers, tanks and ducts. By calculating the potential energy and cost savings over time, users can gauge the return on investment for insulation upgrades. This more robust version of the program:
- Provides simple payback calculations starting with the thermal performance and cost of energy for both insulated and uninsulated piping and equipment
- Allows users to customize program details such as insulation materials, jacketing, fuel types and base metals which can now be saved and imported when updating to future builds of version 4.1
- Allows users to export insulation audit data to an Excel spreadsheet
- Performs calculations for most types of insulation materials and accepts performance data provided by the user for other materials
- Provides calculations for many fuel types and five different surface orientations
- Includes all the latest thermal curves and new insulation materials contained in the ASTM material standards
- Automatically calculates thickness tables
- Works in metric and inch-pound units
For more program details and calculation features go to http://www.pipeinsulation.org.
# # #
NAIMA is the association for North American manufacturers of fiber glass, rock wool and slag wool insulation products. Its role is to promote energy efficiency and environmental preservation through the use of fiber glass, rock wool and slag wool insulation, and to encourage the safe production and use of these materials.