Investors of all levels will enjoy this fantastic group of speakers and wide range of investment ideas and insights into the market. Best of all, the conference proceeds benefit education and other children's causes.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) September 25, 2012
The Excellence in Investing for Children's Causes Foundation working in partnership with the Sohn Conference Foundation, today announced investment highlights from past Excellence in Investing: San Francisco conferences. In its third year, the charitable financial conference will take place Wednesday, October 24 from 2:30 - 6:00 pm at the Julia Morgan Ballroom at the Merchant’s Exchange.
“We have a fantastic speaker roster this year and investors of all levels will enjoy hearing a wide range of excellent investment ideas and insights into the market,” said Patrick Wolff, principal and co-founder of the Excellence in Investing for Children's Causes Foundation. "Best of all, conference proceeds benefit our partner, The Sohn Conference Foundation, as well as Bay Area and national organizations focused on improving educational opportunities and life outcomes for underserved youth.”
A few highlights from the past two years include:
- William Duhamel from Route One Investment Company presented News Corporation, now up approximately 48% since his presentation last year.
- Robert M. Rosner from Buena Vista Fund Management discussed Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing, now up approximately 44% since his presentation in 2010.
- Jeffrey W. Ubben from ValueAct Capital discussed Valeant Pharmaceuticals, which has more than doubled since his presentation in 2010.
Confirmed 2012 conference speakers include:
- David Batchelder, Relational Investors
- John Burbank III, Passport Capital
- MacKenzie Davis, RS Investments
- William Duhamel, Route One Investment Company
- Christopher Lord, Criterion Capital Management
- Mick McGuire, Marcato Capital Management
- Mary Meeker, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Keith Meister, Corvex Management
- Steven Romick, FPA Funds
- Jeffrey Ubben, ValueAct Capital
- Mike Wilkins, Kingsford Capital Management
- Brian Zied, Charter Bridge Capital Management
Registration is available online at http://www.excellencesf.org or by phone (646) 336-6800 ext. 105.
"It has been a pleasure to bring this event to the West Coast financial community," added Jack Selby, principal and co-founder of the Excellence in Investing for Children's Causes Foundation. "We look forward to continuing to grow the conference as a premier investor community event and increase the Foundation’s support of educational organizations in the Bay Area and beyond."
About Excellence in Investing: San Francisco
The Excellence in Investing: San Francisco conference brings together top investors and other prominent thinkers from Wall Street, Silicon Valley and everywhere in between. The speakers have generously agreed to share their time and ideas to benefit the Excellence in Investing for Children's Causes Foundation. The conference allows portfolio managers, asset allocators and private investors of all levels an opportunity to learn from the insights and specific investment ideas of these highly successful speakers. The conference was inspired by and is patterned after The Sohn Investment Conference in New York City. It acts in partnership and cooperation with The Sohn Conference Foundation.
The conference is organized by the Excellence in Investing for Children’s Causes Foundation. Conference proceeds benefit their partner, The Sohn Conference Foundation, as well as organizations focused on improving educational opportunities and life outcomes for underserved youth. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity and, as such, all conference registrations and donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. This year’s conference beneficiaries include Leadership Public Schools, Summer Search and The Posse Foundation.
More information about the 3rd Annual Excellence in Investing: San Francisco conference is available at http://www.excellencesf.org.