Dallas, TX (PRWEB) September 24, 2012
The 2013 edition of Best Lawyers in America includes 24 attorneys from the Austin, Dallas and Houston offices of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP. Up from 21 the previous year, the list includes the following Texas attorneys who appear for the first time: Francis R. BradleyIII, Nan B. Braley, Joseph F. Coniglio and Heather Moulder.
According to its website, the 2013 edition of Best Lawyers in America was compiled based on over 4.3 million confidential evaluations provided by the leading attorneys throughout the country – the most extensive peer-review process developed by any legal referral guide. This survey process included votes from over 43,000 leading attorneys nationwide. Because all listings are based entirely on the evaluations of currently-listed attorneys, listing in Best Lawyers is widely regarded within the legal profession as a singular honor.
Additionally, Greenberg Traurig is top-listed citywide and statewide in Texas, based on number of attorneys, in Arbitration, Copyright Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, Government Relations Practice, Health Care Law, International Arbitration - Commercial, Litigation - Banking & Finance, Railroad Law and Trademark Law.
For the sixth consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig is ranked No. 1 by Best Lawyers for having the highest number of attorneys listed in the publication of any law firm in the United States: 365 attorneys listed across 28 of its U.S. offices.
The Greenberg Traurig Texas attorneys recognized, their corresponding category/practice area(s) and the year they were first listed are:
- Thomas J. Bond (2006), Insurance Law
- Demetrius G. McDaniel (2007), Government Relations Practice
- Barry R. Senterfitt (2007), Insurance Law
- Darrell R. Windham (1999), Corporate Law
- Nan B. Braley (2013), Banking and Finance Law
- Mark A. Calhoun (2008), International Arbitration – Commercial, Railroad Law
- Joseph F. Coniglio (2013), Health Care Law
- Jordan W. Cowman (2012), Litigation – Labor & Employment
- Hugh E. Hackney (2008), Arbitration, Mediation
- Clifton R. Jessup, Jr. (1999), Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Michael L. Malone (1991), Health Care Law
- Heather Moulder (2013), Banking and Finance Law
- Daniel P. Novakov (2009), Tax Law
- Tina Ross (2009), Real Estate Law
- Ralph G. Santos (2007), Real Estate Law
- Bruce H. White (2006), Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Thomas Woodman (2006), Insurance Law
- Douglas Atnipp (2001), Natural Resources Law, Oil & Gas Law
- Francis R. Bradley III (2013), Banking and Finance Law
- Shari Heyen (2010), Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Mary-Olga Lovett (2012), Commercial Litigation
- Jonathan Kent Newsome (2003), Real Estate Law
- J. Scott Sheehan (1995), Financial Services Regulation Law, Litigation – Banking &
- Ben D. Tobor (2007), Copyright Law, Patent Law, Trademark Law
The 2013 edition of Best Lawyers in America also lists two Texas-based attorneys as “Lawyers of the Year.” Nationwide, 22 Greenberg Traurig attorneys are included on the list. According to the Best Lawyers website, only one lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is recognized as a “Lawyer of the Year.” The designations, first published by Best Lawyers in 2009, are based on particularly high voting averages during the peer-review assessment conducted with thousands of lawyers every year.
The Greenberg Traurig Texas-based attorneys recognized by Best Lawyers as “Lawyers of the Year” and their respective locations and practice areas are:
- Clifton Jessup, Jr., Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Bruce W. White, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP - Texas
Greenberg Traurig’s Texas presence has grown rapidly to more than 100 lawyers since the firm opened its first Texas office in November 2003. The firm’s attorneys serve clients from offices in Austin, Dallas and Houston.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, full-service law firm with approximately 1750 attorneys serving clients from 35 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. In the U.S., the firm has more offices than any other among the Top 10 on The National Law Journal’s 2012 NLJ 250. For additional information, please visit http://www.gtlaw.com.