Columbia, SC (PRWEB) September 26, 2012
SEAMS, the National Association for the U.S. Sewn Products Industry, will focus the agenda of its Fall 2012 Networking Conference on strategies that textile and sewn products contractors, brand manufacturers, retailers, and suppliers can use to better manage in today’s uncertain economic environment. The event will be held October 12-13 at the Marriott Resort and Spa at Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Companies and individuals involved in the global sewn products industries may register to attend by phoning SEAMS at +1-803-772-5861 or by downloading the registration form at http://www.seams.org.
According to SEAMS President and Milliken & Company executive Mike Diemer, “Navigating the path to success in the textile and sewn products industry has always been challenging. To ensure continued success, we need to learn from and collaborate with our successful leaders and peers. This year’s SEAMS Conference is dedicated to providing professionals from all aspects of our diverse industry with the information, networking, and release they need to succeed in today’s business and economic climate.”
Scheduled presentations include:
- US Textile/Apparel Trade Policy: Recent Developments and Outlook - Jonathan Fee, Partner, Alston & Bird LLP
- Advances in Manufacturing: A Look Ahead – Dr. Mike Fralix, President & CEO, [TC]2
- The Supreme Court's Affordable Care Act Decision: Impact on Employers - Edward Rawl, Associate, Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Looking at Total Cost – Gloria McConnell, Manager, Industrial Engineering, [TC]2
Special "What it Takes" Panel Discussion featuring:
- Marty Bailey, President of Manufacturing, American Apparel
- Frank Henderson, Owner & President, Henderson Sewing Machine Co.
- Stefanie Zeldin, Chief Marketing Officer and Director of Sustainability, Martex Fibers
Attendees will also enjoy numerous industry networking opportunities, including an opportunity to introduce their business to all attendees, two special networking receptions, group meals and ample breaks. Social events will include a putting contest and golf outing on Thursday Oct. 11; and a wine and cheese social for meeting attendees’ guests.
SEAMS Members will also receive an association business update, elect and install new officers and directors, and hear from the SEAMS Person of the Year at this meeting.
SEAMS, The National Association for the Sewn Products Industry, is a not-for-profit organization comprised of sewn products contract and brand manufacturers and their suppliers. The organization’s mission is to support the resurging US sewn products industry through educational programs that will improve the quality and productivity of the sewn products industry collectively and of its member firms individually. For more information, visit the website at http://www.seams.org.
# # #