The enthusiasm gap is a bunch of baloney - grassroots support for progressive candidates remains incredibly strong.
Burlington, VT (PRWEB) September 26, 2012
Today, Democracy for America (DFA), announced that it has exceeded fundraising expectations for the 12 Dean Dozen candidates, raising over $340,000 this quarter. These 12 endorsed candidates (comprised of Carol Shea-Porter, Ann McLane Kuster, Joe Miklosi, Shelli Yoder, Jose Hernandez, Martin Heinrich, Raul Ruiz, Kathryn Boockvar, Mazie Hirono, Manan Trivedi, Tammy Baldwin, and Elizabeth Warren) are the organization’s primary focus from now until Election Day. DFA, on announcing the endorsement promised to raise each candidate $20,000 dollars. At this point, the organization has raised over $25,000 for each Dean Dozen candidate.
"Grassroots support for our Dean Dozen continues to pour in,” said Jim Dean, Chair of DFA. “The enthusiasm gap is a bunch of baloney – grassroots support for progressive candidates remains incredibly strong. Not only have we been able to exceed fundraising expectations, our members are committed to electing strong progressive Democrats this November.”
By gaining the honored endorsement title of the Dean Dozen, DFA committed to:
- A cross-endorsement from Democracy for America Founder, Governor Howard Dean,
- A commitment to raise an additional $20,000 in small donations from DFA’s national membership,
- A contribution of $5,000 in financial and in-kind support from Democracy for America’s PAC over the course of the campaign,
- On-the-Ground organizing support from DFA’s regional field organizers, and
- The campaign will receive priority in the DFA Dialer, a call-out-the-vote tool where DFA members make tens of thousands of calls to voters in a given day.
While DFA continues to raise money for the Dean Dozen candidates, the organization begins its DFA Dialer shifts this week. In DFA’s own get-out-the-vote tool, millions of members from across the country have the ability to make calls for progressive candidates from the comfort of their own home.
DFA’s political staff extensively vetted each campaign in an effort to gain a better understanding and insight to whether each candidate being considered has what it takes to win in November.
Link to this statement can be found on democracyforamerica.com: http://bit.ly/RhKI5D
ABOUT DEMOCRACY FOR AMERICA
Democracy for America is the people-powered Democratic Political Action Committee. With over one million members nationwide, DFA is a grassroots powerhouse working to change our country and the Democratic Party from the bottom-up.