"Every healthcare provider should proactively develop a strategy for optimizing patient collections. This is critical to maintaining revenue as insurers increasingly shift the responsibility to patients,” said Ann Bilyew, CEO of MDeverwhere.
Waltham, MA (PRWEB) September 27, 2012
MDeverywhere, a leading provider of revenue cycle services for physicians, is pleased to announce the launch of a comprehensive, multi-point real-time patient receivable toolkit, Patient1st.
These innovative processes and tools that make up Patient1st will dramatically increase patient collections, improve the speed of cash flow, increase patient satisfaction and reduce the amount of paper used in the patient statement process. With Patient1st, MDeverywhere clients and their patients will be able to:
- Collect patient co-pays, at the point-of-care, with a check scanning device and a credit card processing machine, both of which will lead directly to the practice’s bank account.
- Avoid a trip to the banks and access cash more quickly with 24-hour clearing.
- Receive statements online while saving postage, time and trees.
- Avoid lost checks with a best-in-class lockbox solution for patient checks and credit card payments.
- Enjoy the convenience of viewing statements electronically and paying online, using a secure patient portal, which is specific to the practice.
“As healthcare reimbursement shifts to a large and growing contribution from patients, it is important that every healthcare provider proactively develop a strategy for optimizing patient collections. This is critical to maintaining revenue as insurers increasingly shift the responsibility to patients,” said Ann Bilyew, CEO of MDeverwhere. “At the same time, with near ubiquitous access to technology, patients are demanding increased visibility and convenience when paying their balances. It is important for practices to meet the demands of today’s healthcare consumer. Finally, the significant environmental impact of paper statements is undeniable.”
The implementation of this process will not only enhance patient collections but also the patient experience as patients access their statements and make payments online.
MDeverywhere offers a leading revenue cycle management solution for physicians. Its unique solution includes web-based practice management software, coding rules engines, contract monitoring tools and full-scope claims management and back-office services. MDeverywhere serves over 3,500 physicians nationwide. Clients include solo practices, group practices, large faculty practices and hospitals in more than 40 different specialties.