For all the convenience of connectedness, always-on technology also comes with information overload. Companies that use design to deliver better user experience will emerge as leaders.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) September 27, 2012
GigaOM, a global technology media company, today revealed new speakers for its annual GigaOM RoadMap 2012 conference. Now in its second year, GigaOM RoadMap will explore the future of connected technology and how design innovations are humanizing technology.
Connectivity enabled many of the greatest technological achievements of the past two decades, but it also created more complexity for users. Thought leaders at the intersection of technology and design will take the stage to examine how design in this age of connectedness can drive a simpler user experience. Speakers include:
- Yves Béhar, founder, fuseproject
- Evan Williams, CEO, The Obvious Corporation
- George Blankenship, vice president, worldwide sales and ownership experience, Tesla Motors
- Steve Case, chairman and CEO, Revolution
- Kevin Systrom, co-founder and CEO, Instagram
- Tony Fadell, founder and CEO, Nest Labs
- Oren Jacob, CEO, ToyTalk
- David Karp, founder and CEO, Tumblr
- Alex Ljung, founder and CEO, SoundCloud
- Paul Mascarenas, CTO and vice president, Ford Motor Company Research and Innovation
- Scott Wilson, founder, MINIMAL
“For all the convenience of connectedness, always-on technology also comes with information overload,” said Om Malik, founder of GigaOM and co-chair of GigaOM RoadMap 2012. “Companies that use design to deliver better user experience will emerge as leaders.”
Topics to be discussed include:
- The power of emotional and social design - Instagram created a platform built on emotion and beautiful shared experiences that Facebook acquired for about a billion dollars. The founder will share his vision of a mobile photo sharing site based on simplicity, design and emotional connections.
- Retail 2.0 - Thanks to connectivity, the retail experience is becoming more personalized, mobile and frictionless. Find out how e-commerce leaders think the connected consumer of tomorrow will discover, share and buy goods.
- Connected bodies and the quantified self - Connected gadgets enable people to track and manage fitness plans and health conditions. Hear how design and data will deliver the truly quantified self.
- The beautiful web - Visual experiences are the new gold standard of web success, and sites like Pinterest are having a strong design influence across the Internet.
All GigaOM RoadMap attendees will receive exclusive GigaOM and GigaOM Pro content about the future of connectivity, design and user interface. A limited number of tickets are available. Follow GigaOM RoadMap on Twitter (@GigaOM / #RoadMapConf) to stay up to date as new speakers and sessions are announced.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM has grown into the leading independent voice on emerging technologies and the disruption of media. The GigaOM news network’s online audience of 5.5 million monthly unique readers relies on its definitive coverage of cloud, mobile, cleantech, consumer web and media. GigaOM Pro offers the highest quality research and analysis of emerging technology markets and the companies making a difference in those sectors. GigaOM Events bring together the people innovating, shaping and defining the ongoing evolution of the technology industry.