Maui, Hawaii (PRWEB) September 28, 2012
Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, Maui’s only Forbes Five Star Resort, today announced its preliminary lineup of 2013 Unforgettable Events, a series of one-of-a-kind experiences tailored to the resort’s active lifestyle guests. Several new water events, including a “Surf Camp with Dave Kalama” and a “Windsurf Camp with Matt Pritchard,” are part of the calendar of special events that go through the year. Here is what is coming up for 2013:
- Surf Camp with Dave Kalama -- Watch for February dates: Surfing rules in Hawaii. In this multi-day event, guests will learn from Hawaii’s legendary waterman Dave Kalama. He is best known as a renowned big wave surfer who co-developed tow-in surfing. He also has been featured in several films, including the surf documentary Riding Giants. Surf Camp will include classes and on-water instruction to introduce wave aficionados to the basics and finer points of hanging ten.
- Vinyasa Yoga Retreat with Kathryn Budig -- February 19-24: Kathryn Budig, one of the yoga’s vivacious young practitioners, returns to Four Seasons Resort Maui to help guests cultivate their physical, mental and spiritual health. Her past retreats have received high praise from guests because she adeptly combines a playful mixture of challenging classes with her infectious love for yoga and her joyful personality. This inspiring retreat is played out on the stunning Wailea Beach and in other special natural Maui settings.
- Windsurfing Camp with Matt Pritchard -- March 2-7: Ready to experience the challenge of windsurfing, where every wave, chop and jump is different? Chase the wind and waves with Matt Pritchard, former PWA Super X World Champion and World Tour title winner. He will bring his brand of windsurf training to Four Seasons Resort Maui. On the water, he will help guests learn new skills, introduce methods to sharpen skills already in their repertoire, and demonstrate how to maximize fun on the water. This is the perfect event for those who crave to carve it up in the waves.
- Four Pinots at Four Seasons Resort Maui -- May 24-26: Back for its second year, this wine and culinary event will take place over several days, giving guests the opportunity to attend private dinners with wine pairings selected by top producers of Pinot Noir. This exclusive palate-pleasing event culminates in a gala dinner hosted under the stars at Four Seasons Resort Maui.
- Cycling Camp Maui -- Slated for November: Tour de France veteran and Canadian Olympian Ryder Hesjedal and Go Cycling Maui are back for this ever-popular event which allows guests to experience cycling in much the same way as those on the ProTour. Open to riders with modest to advanced fitness and experience, the weeklong camp offers instruction and training by Hesjedal and several of the world's most competitive riders. The event offers an opportunity to experience the beauty and changing terrain of Maui, with guests ending their days enjoying the luxurious amenities of Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea.
- Wailea Tennis Fantasy Camp -- Coming November 2013: Tennis anyone? Learn from some of the world's top legends. Past instructors have included Tracy Austin, Lindsay Davenport and Tom Gullikson. The pros will meet you at center court for four days of high-energy practice. This fantasy camp is at the award-winning Wailea Tennis Club and is hosted by Four Seasons Resort Maui. The camp is open to adult players ranging in skill from recreational to tournament level.
- Wailea Wine & Food Festival -- December 2013: Four Seasons Resort Maui is planning a special gastronomy event as part of the second Wailea Wine & Food Festival, the newest signature event that showcases the area’s top chefs, sommeliers and award-winning cuisine and wines in a series of educational culinary and wine encounters.
For details, prices, dates and how to book, go to: http://www.maui.fourseasons.com
About Four Seasons Resort Maui, (http://www.fourseasons.com/maui)
Maui's first and only Forbes Five-Star resort is nestled on 15 acres of the breathtaking Wailea Coast. The 380-room oceanfront property is world-renowned for its comfortable opulence, impeccable service, luxurious amenities, and for living in harmony with its environment and community. The resort in Maui is also home to one of the nation's top-rated spas committed to wellness and three of Hawaii's most acclaimed restaurants - Ferraro's Bar e Ristorante, Spago Maui and DUO, a premium steak and seafood restaurant. This sophisticated home away from home caters to the needs and interests of all generations offering world-class activities and one-of-a-kind Unforgettable Events, a museum quality art collection, three pools overlooking the azure-blue Pacific Ocean including an adults-only Serenity Pool with exclusive Missoni-designed cabanas, and more. Four Seasons Resort Maui is a Hawaiian vacation destination geared to action adventurers, those guests wishing to practice the fine art of doing nothing at all, and everyone in between.
# # #
Media Contact: Charlotte Novom, Novom Marketing, Inc.; tel (714) 941-9799