With its dedicated and talented team, Kimbia was a vital partner in helping more North Texans support the nonprofits they care about on a single day than ever before.
Austin, Texas (PRWEB) September 28, 2012
Kimbia – which provides the most powerful and flexible fundraising and event management tools for nonprofits and community foundations – today announced that the fourth annual North Texas Giving Day raised a record-breaking $14.4 million for more than 900 nonprofits in just 17 hours.
This total is 35 percent higher than last year and also the most money ever raised in the United States by a community foundation-organized giving day.
Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT) sponsored the Sept. 13 event, selecting Kimbia as its fundraising and technology partner. CFT is the largest community foundation in the Lone Star State and among the largest in the country. Since its founding in 1953, the organization has granted more than $1 billion to nonprofits in Dallas, Fort Worth and the surrounding areas.
“With its dedicated and talented team, Kimbia was a vital partner in helping more North Texans support the nonprofits they care about on a single day than ever before,” said Brent Christopher, president and CEO of Communities Foundation of Texas and founder of North Texas Giving Day, as well as DonorBridge, a searchable online database with information about nonprofits in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and throughout the United States. “We are blown away and humbled by the results achieved this year.”
CFT selected Kimbia over other fundraising vendors because the solution delivers:
- Maximized brand awareness – 100 percent of the donor experience is branded for the community foundation including the organization’s website, credit card statement, tax receipt and social media components.
- Community foundation control of donor funds and donor information throughout the entire giving process. Funds flow directly to the community foundation, not a third-party and Kimbia provides real-time access to donor data for both the community foundation and nonprofits participating in a giving event.
- An unrivalled technology platform capable of processing hundreds of thousands of transactions and millions of dollars in donations with no impact on the donor giving experience – an especially important consideration for CFT because its annual giving day has been growing in popularity and spiked last year.
- Seamless data integration into Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge donor management system for financial reconciliation and grant processing for nonprofits participating in the giving event.
The North Texas Giving Day is among the 10 community foundation giving events that Kimbia is powering in 2012. Other highly successful events held so far this year include:
- The Giving Partner’s 36-hour Giving Challenge which raised $2.4 million through more than 10,700 gifts benefiting approximately 110 nonprofits in Southwest Florida. More than 60 percent of the participating nonprofits reported gifts from new donors or donors who had not given in the last two years.
- The Community Foundation Serving Richmond and Central Virginia’s second annual Amazing Raise which, in 36 hours, generated more than 15,000 donations totaling $1.2 million – double the success of last year’s event.
- The Centre Foundation’s Centre Gives which raised $400,000 for 75 nonprofits in Central Pennsylvania, exceeding its fundraising goal by four-fold.
“While we work with a wide variety of nonprofits, we also have deep expertise in serving community foundations – in fact, we have a team devoted exclusively to meeting their distinctive needs,” said Dan Gillett, CEO, Kimbia. “These foundations play a critical role in our daily lives by supporting nonprofits that address important local causes. Kimbia makes it easy for foundations to engage and galvanize communities like never before.”
Kimbia provides the most powerful and flexible online fundraising and event management tools in the marketplace today, empowering nonprofit organizations and community foundations to significantly increase giving, participation and advocacy through online, social media and mobile channels. Based in Austin, Texas, Kimbia is proud to support more than 3,000 customers to date, including the American Heart Association, WGBH-Boston, The Heritage Foundation, Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund and The Boston Foundation. For more information, visit http://www.kimbia.com.
# # #