Consumers don’t differentiate shopping channels like businesses do. Today and tomorrow’s consumer expects a unified experience throughout the buying process, regardless of what medium they use.
Toronto, ON (PRWEB) June 15, 2012
OrderDynamics™ Corporation, Canada's leading On-Demand eCommerce Platform provider, today announced “Connected Commerce”, an innovative new way for multi-channel retailers to extend experiences from retail stores to eCommerce channels through the OrderDynamics eCommerce platform and its ability to seamlessly integrate into all consumer interaction points of a retail operation.
Connected Commerce reflects a shift in the retail marketplace that requires merchants to extend consistent messaging and experiences to consumers across any and all touch points. The explosive adoption of mobile and tablet mediums in recent years has created additional online touch points for retailers to use when communicating with consumers.
“It is becoming increasingly difficult for retailers to promote a cohesive message to consumers in today’s retail world,” said Michael Turcsanyi, President at OrderDynamics. “We designed Connected Commerce to unify the shopping experience for merchants and consumers by allowing for deep two-way integration between the OrderDynamics eCommerce platform and Order Management System, and all other retail systems such as CRM, ERP, Warehouse Management Systems, and Merchandising toolsets,” said Turcsanyi.
A recent example of Connected Commerce by OrderDynamics is Kitchen Stuff Plus, a multi-channel retailer of houseware products, who has been able to improve customer service and transform their business. “Kitchen Stuff Plus now has the ability to quickly and easily innovate in areas of our website that will help us service more customers. Being able to check individual store inventory for specific products has helped improve overall sales and drive additional traffic within our stores,” said John Thompson, Director of IT at Kitchen Stuff Plus.
In today’s retail world merchants have an incredible amount of information that can be leveraged to effectively market to consumers across multiple mediums while also providing a much improved shopping experience. Significant integrations between physical and virtual retail environments allows for the following improvements:
- Customer: Increase repeat business and enhance customer experiences through sharing multi-channel data across in-store applications, online properties, and direct marketing programs.
- Merchandising: Create seamless integrations of promotions and multi-channel content, and drive order values through rich media, latest in-store features, dynamic promotions, and integrated loyalty programs.
- Marketing: Cultivate meaningful relationships with consumers by unifying brand touch points and aligning channel-centric interactions.
- Order Management: Optimize and automate customer service tools to provide greater transparency with customers.
- Warehouse: Ship packages faster and at a lower cost by leveraging distributed inventory and advanced fulfillment tactics. Quickly deploy pick-pack-and-ship facilities using integrated fulfillment technology.
“Consumers don’t differentiate shopping channels like businesses do. Today and tomorrow’s consumer expects a unified experience throughout the buying process, regardless of what medium they use,” said Turcsanyi. “The retailers who can align their business to fit these needs have a tremendous opportunity to grow in the coming years. We’re proud to offer a solution that enables retailers to synch processes, technologies, and strategies,” Turcsanyi concluded.
OrderDynamics Corporation is a privately owned eCommerce platform service provider for high-growth B2C and B2B businesses. The success of OrderDynamics is highly attributed to its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) eCommerce model and Dynamic Merchandising concepts which provide superior control and help drive revenue. The OrderDynamics solution caters to multi-channel retail, manufacturing, business-to-business, and complex online retail. OrderDynamics officially launched its On-Demand eCommerce Platform in 2006 after 2 years of research and development.