Shreveport, LA (PRWEB) September 11, 2012
Shreveport and Bossier City-area non-profit groups have banded together to present a healthy living initiative for area teens and kids. In response, MassageSchoolSanDiego.com, healthy living proponent and promoter of holistic schools in San Diego, has issued a tip sheet, detailing ways parents can help their children stay healthy and active.
Non-profit organizations in Shreveport and Bossier City, Louisiana, have joined together to launch Healthy Green and Into the Outdoors, a nutrition, exercise and healthy living program for local children and teenagers. The program was made possible thanks to a $588,000 grant from the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation and more than $849,000 in donations and services from local groups and businesses. As part of the initiative, community gardens will be built in lower income areas, and kids can participate in nutrition projects, health screenings and more.
In conjunction with Healthy Green and Into the Outdoors, Massage School San Diego has released a tip sheet designed to help parents keep their children healthy and fit.
- Eat dinner together – at the dinner table – as often as possible. This not only ensures you and your kids have time to connect, but it allows you to monitor the nutrition of their food and their portion sizes.
- Limit TV and computer time.
- Stop buying sodas. Stock up on healthy juices and flavored waters for a variety in drinks. Sodas hold no nutritional value for your kids’ growing bodies.
- Enforce a bedtime. Getting enough sleep is integral to your children’s health. It can also affect their ability to focus the next day at school
- Enroll them in a fun, physical activity. Whether it’s baseball, swimming or even table tennis, getting them involved in an activity can keep them fit and stimulate them mentally.
Shreveport is a city in the Northwest region of Louisiana, near the borders of both Texas and Arkansas. The city was founded in 1836 by the Shreve Town Company and now boasts a population of more than 218,000 people.
Bossier City is a Louisiana city located along the Red River, not far from Shreveport. The city, which was incorporated in 1907, has a population of just under 70,000 people. It was previously known as Bennett’s Bluff.
Blue Cross Foundation is an organization that promotes the health and wellness of Louisiana residents. It provides funding and grants to health initiatives, programs and projects across the state.
In conjunction with Healthy Green and Into the Outdoors, MassageSchoolSanDiego.com has released a tip sheet to help parents keep their kids healthy and active.
About Massage School San Diego:
A long-standing resource to the San Diego massage education community, MassageSchoolSanDiego.com provides guidance and assistance to incoming massage students, incoming attendees, and the massage schools of San Diego themselves. MSSD is also a purveyor of health news, healthy living tips, and healthy eating advice for man and animal alike.