I believe this is a perfect strategic fit for us. Agreeing the sponsorship with Sky Sports was a very exciting moment in the Blackcircles.com office
Past News ReleasesRSS
Edinburgh (PRWEB UK) 30 May 2012
Today, the UK’s leading online tyre retailer, Blackcircles.com, has announced that they are the latest exclusive sponsor of the new Sky Sports Formula 1 channel.
Launched in March 2012, the much hyped and eagerly anticipated Sky Sports Formula 1 channel has broadcast high-octane, nail biting drama from the first few races of the championship. To date, the coverage has been met with good reviews from critics.
This is thanks to their offering of over 500 hours of programming, additional footage and streamed coverage on Smartphones and tablet devices – with Sky announcing in May that over 6 million unique viewers had watched the channel to date.
When talking about the new deal, Blackcircles.com’s Managing Director, Michael Welch said, “I believe this is a perfect strategic fit for us. Agreeing the sponsorship with Sky Sports was a very exciting moment in the Blackcircles.com office. Not only on a personal level – there are a lot of fans in the office – but also from an advertising point of view.
“Having worked with Murray Walker on previous Sky Television adverts, the theme of the sponsorship – you don’t have to be an expert to understand tyres - delivered by his voiceover is a seamless fit with our previous series of adverts.”
With their new channel dedicated to Formula 1, Sky Sports is able to tell the story of the season in its entirety – from covering the race action, to in-depth analysis from the biggest names in the sport – and Blackcircles.com is overjoyed to be partaking in this, with estimates showing their brand message is being viewed around 16 million times each month.
Not only are the live events being broadcast on TV, but via Sky’s mobile distribution service - Sky Go. As part of this package, the Sky Sports F1 channel has helped the Sky Go service reach 2.6 million unique users in the previous quarter - up 24% - meaning that the Blackcircles.com brand is reaching Smartphones and tablets throughout the country.
So far, the sponsorship has also helped Blackcircles.com accomplish impressive first quarter targets, “this new sponsorship deal is the first of many strategic promotions we will be embarking upon throughout the rest of the year and it's already helped us achieve record first quarter results,” continued Michael.
“The fact that this and last season have been all about the significance tyres have on the outcome of the standings – from practice through to qualifying and the race itself - we wanted to ensure that we are the first retailer consumers see when the programme finishes and the breaks begin. It has been a real achievement and coup for us - beating off competitors with much deeper pockets to win the official sponsorship.”
Over the coming weeks, through to the end of the current season, fans of the sport will see Blackcircles.com featuring in the opening and closing credits, as well as a lot of on-air promotions.
With the adverts featuring the familiar voice of Formula 1 commentating legend Murray Walker, Blackcircles.com is positive that fans will not only be made more aware of the company, but will also be entertained.
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Launched in 2001, Blackcircles.com is a leading UK online tyre retailer with emphasis on competitive price points and value. With headquarters in the Scottish borders town of Peebles, Blackcircles.com has grown through strategic ventures and partnerships with independently owned garages across the UK.
- The Managing Director of Blackcircles.com is Mike Welch, former Head of e-Commerce at Kwik Fit. The Chairman of Blackcircles.com is Graeme Bissett, former Group Finance Director of Kwik Fit.
- Blackcircles.com sells a comprehensive range of tyres for cars, vans and motorbikes including high performance and 4x4 tyres available from all major brands including Michelin, Goodyear, Dunlop, Continental, Bridgestone, Toyo and Yokohama.
- The company has a UK network of over 1,300 fitting outlets from Thurso in Scotland to Truro in England, and sells to around 600,000 customers with a 98 per cent satisfaction rating and 30 percent business referral rate every month.
- Over 220 of the independent garage are now part of the Premier Garage Scheme. This Premier network allows Blackcircles.com to further align itself with the expertise of local independent garages and bring more of the fitting centres into the Premier network.