It is rewarding that so many of today’s leading media companies, like Blip, have trusted L4 Mobile’s designers and developers to bring their digital experiences to life on mobile phones and tablets.
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) January 03, 2013
L4 Mobile announced today that the company was selected by digital media company, Blip Networks Inc., to deliver the new Blip mobile application for iOS, Android, and Kindle devices. Through the application, consumers can discover, watch, and share Blip’s original web content, including series such as The Gauntlet and A Simple Walk into Mordor, directly from their mobile phone or tablet.
“With our new mobile applications consumers can access the extensive Blip video network anytime and anywhere,” said Darren Cross, vice president, business and corporate development. “Through our collaboration with the experienced team at L4 Mobile we now deliver the same simple and straight-forward interface and video platform that consumers have come to expect from Blip across a wide variety of mobile devices.”
“The content that is generated on Blip every month is incredibly unique and creative. We are pleased that we could lend our cross-platform expertise to deliver this original video programming to the wider mobile audience,” said Keith O’Neill, CEO of L4 Mobile. “Video and mobile seem to go hand-in-hand these days and it is rewarding that so many of today’s leading media companies, like Blip, have trusted L4 Mobile’s designers and developers to bring their digital experiences to life on mobile phones and tablets.”
Key features of the new mobile application include:
- Intuitive Search and Discovery - Visually rich interface enables search for specific shows or find shows by genre, e.g. animation & comics, comedy, drama, etc.
- Video Player Integration - Supports Blip’s high quality video streaming capabilities with smooth playback and a consistent Blip look and feel.
- Personalized Content - Offers custom Blip video recommendations based on individual viewing habits and a personalized video viewing archive.
- Social Sharing - Incorporates Blip social sharing features to post video reviews, share content or chat with friends about episodes via social networks like, Facebook and Twitter, all while never leaving the application.
- Air Play/Second Screen - Support for content streaming to Air Play enabled devices
- Alerts - Tailored notifications of favorite or new episodes
The application, which is advertising sponsored, can be downloaded for free by searching for the term “BlipTV” within the following online stores: Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon App Store.
For more information on L4 Mobile and to see some of the other award-winning applications the company has developed for today’s leading brands, please visit: http://www.l4mobile.com
About L4 Mobile
L4 Mobile is a leader in developing and delivering interactive applications for mobile phones, tablets, and connected TVs. The company’s team of mobile professionals offers the unique combination of engineering excellence and industry insight necessary to create market leading mobile solutions for many of today's top consumer brands, including Viacom, Sony Pictures Television, Everyday Health, and Universal Music. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, L4 Mobile also offers proven products, such as the popular Interplay™ contest management platform, which make it easy for brands to engage customers and drive repeat usage of their mobile applications.
Additional information is available at http://www.l4mobile.com, +1 (425) 605-7030, info(at)l4mobile(dot)com, Twitter: http://twitter.com/L4Mobile, Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/L4Mobile, and LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/l4-mobile.
L4 Mobile™ is a registered trademark of L4 Mobile. All Rights Reserved.
Other product or service marks mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
For L4 Mobile:
Anne Baker, +1 (425) 442-1806
# # #