“NJIT is one of the most computing intensive campuses in the nation, ranked by the Princeton Review as one of America's "Best Colleges"
Newark, New Jersey (PRWEB) July 05, 2012
Over the past decade, successful outsourcing strategies have evolved from a client/vendor relationship to an integrated team approach. Small and medium-sized enterprises have leveraged outsourcing to gain scalability and cost competitiveness in the marketplace. Many of these SME’s have expanded their outsourcing relationships to Build-Operate-Transfer models to ensure that core institutional knowledge remains a part of their company’s assets and value propositions.
NJIT’s Division of Continuing Professional Education offers adult learners a new online graduate certificate in Global Technology Management. This 12-credit graduate certificate teaches strategies for small and medium-sized enterprises who require a new set of skills to manage a global workforce. Today, successful outsourcing involves much more than having the pre-requisite technical skills to execute a client project or dedicated relationship. Successfully managing a globally interrogated workforce demands new skills that focus on the following critical success factors:
- Global communications and leadership across cultures, environment and infrastructure protocols
- Strategic IT project management
- Global enterprise architecture
- Data integrity and network security
- Global market and risk management
Information on the Graduate Certificate in Global Technology Management:
- 12 credits – four classes
- One year to complete (on average)
- Can be studied the following ways: Online, Partially Online or Classroom
- This certificate program is intended for managers, project leads, and engineers seeking to enhance their soft skills as it relates to managerial roles.
- Financial Assistance is available for students who study part-time (6 credits or more). U.S. income tax education credits can be applied as well.
- New Jersey residents studying online and/or on-campus are charged, as always, in-state tuition rate. Residents living anywhere in world outside New Jersey qualify for new, more affordable graduate online tuition rate. This new rate is significantly lower than out-of-state fee to attend graduate classes on campus.
NJIT, New Jersey's science and technology university, enrolls more than 9,558 students pursuing bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees in 120 programs. The university consists of six colleges: Newark College of Engineering, College of Architecture and Design, College of Science and Liberal Arts, School of Management, College of Computing Sciences and Albert Dorman Honors College. U.S. News & World Report's 2011 Annual Guide to America's Best Colleges ranked NJIT in the top tier of national research universities. NJIT is internationally recognized for being at the edge in knowledge in architecture, applied mathematics, wireless communications and networking, solar physics, advanced engineered particulate materials, nanotechnology, neural engineering and e-learning. Many courses and certificate programs, as well as graduate degrees, are available online through the Division of Continuing Professional Education.