Many traditional SOA and integration platforms enable rapid development, but they provide little support for collaboration, sharing and re-use.
Palo Alto, CA (PRWEB) October 01, 2012
Many traditional service-oriented architecture (SOA) and integration platforms enable rapid development, but they provide little support for collaboration, sharing and re-use. As a result, IT teams often experience rapid portfolio proliferation and sprawl rather than enhanced business agility. WSO2 will explore how to use the WSO2 API Manager to address these challenges and optimize an organization’s API interactions in a series of hands-on workshops for IT professionals, which are being held in the United States and Europe.
To participate in the “Discover the WSO2 API Manager” workshops, attendees will need to bring a laptop capable of running a virtual machine (4 GB memory recommended). The one-day workshops, which run 9:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m., are being held in four locations:
· Amsterdam, Tuesday, October 16, 2012, to register, visit: http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2012-october-amsterdam-discover-the-wso2-api-manager-practical-workshop.
· New York, Tuesday, October 16, 2012, to register, visit: http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2012-october-new-york-discover-the-wso2-api-manager-practical-workshop.
· Frankfurt, Thursday, October 18, 2012, to register, visit: http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2012-october-frankfurt-discover-the-wso2-api-manager-practical-workshop.
· Detroit, Thursday, October 18, 2012, to register, visit: http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2012-october-detroit-discover-the-wso2-api-manager-practical-workshop.
Discover the WSO2 API Manager
The workshop series is designed for IT architects and developers seeking to understand how to use WSO2 API Manager’s capabilities for publishing APIs, creating and managing a developer community, and scalably routing API traffic. Attendees will get hands-on experience in how to install, configure, use and manage the WSO2 API Manager product. Additionally, participants will learn how to take advantage of advanced features, such as creating service-level agreements (SLAs).
Key topics will include:
· Introduction to the WSO2 API Manager
· Installing, configuring and using the WSO2 API Manager
· Clients and API keys, sandbox and production
· Analytics and activity monitoring
· Advanced features for versioning, branding/skin development, deployment, and SLAs
· Next steps, futures, and how to engage with WSO2
European Workshop Presenters
Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO, spearheads the company’s overall product strategy. Recognized by InfoWorld as a Top 25 CTO, Paul was responsible for simultaneously leading development of the groundbreaking WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus and Apache Synapse ESB. Paul has played a pioneering role in open source development. , beginning with the original Apache SOAP project. Paul also led IBM's involvement in the Axis C/C++ project. He currently is co-chair of the OASIS Web Services Reliable eXchange Technical Committee, as well as vice president of the Apache Synapse Project.
Isabelle Mauny, WSO2 director of product management, leads the WSO2 Madrid office and focuses on enhancing the company’s middleware products, platforms and solutions to maximize customer value. Isabelle brings more than 18 years of technology, consulting and management experience in Java, application development, middleware, and SOA, through her roles at IBM and Vordel. Additionally, Isabelle is a published author and regular speaker on the topics of system administration, application development, and programming.
American Workshop Presenter
Asanka Abeysinghe, WSO2 director of solutions architecture, provides consulting and training for enterprise IT architects and developers. He also focuses on the company’s vertical market capabilities, including financial services. Asanka has more than a decade of experience implementing projects, from desktops and Web applications to highly scalable distributed systems and SOAs, mobile platforms, and business integration solutions.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.