...pay close attention to the car rental deal “payment plan”, as many “best” deals require prepayment in full and are nonrefundable
Tallahassee, Florida (PRWEB) May 31, 2012
To kick off the busy summer travel season, travel research and inspiration site Travelhoppers reveals six ways that travelers can save time and money when researching and booking their summer car rentals. Travelhoppers’ blog contributor and freelance travel writer, Nadia Ali, shares her real-world insight via the following six tips for how travelers can more efficiently navigate through the menagerie of car rental companies available and snag the best car rental savings for their summer trips:
1. Know Where to Go Online – One of the best places for travelers to begin their quest for a car rental is by visiting comparison websites that are specific to the car rental industry, such as Vroom Vroom Vroom and Carrentals.com. These are great online resources to use because they break down the rental service by factors such as location, car type, airport location, and price.
2. The Early Bird – Travelers should look for deals that allow you to reserve the car without paying the full price up-front, so that you can continue to look for better deals that might pop up at a later date. That way the customer has a car on reserve, if no better deals are to be found.
3. Prepay or Not to Prepay- It is strongly advised to pay close attention to the car rental deal “payment plan”, as many “best” deals require prepayment in full and are nonrefundable. Reading the fine print of the deal is essential to be aware of the payment plan options before making any deal purchases online.
4. Navigating Coupons & Codes – Being a member of national associations such as AAA or AARP are two easy ways to find car rental discounts, but there are also ways in which non-members can snag coupons and discount codes by doing a few simple online searches. It is recommended to type “car rental discounts and codes 2012” into a search engine to avoid getting out of date offers and to preview some of the car rental discount codes available for online bookings. Another way to keep current with car rental offers is to sign up for email alerts from the traveler’s favorite car rental companies as well as to “friend” them on Facebook, as they typically send out special deals via email subscribers and those that are social media savvy also promote special offers for Facebook fans.
5. Off Site Pick-Up – When a traveler selects a car rental pick-up location that is closest to an airport, it automatically means paying a bit more for the convenience of using the car rental company’s airport shuttle service that is closer to the departure or arrival gate. However, if a traveler chooses the next available location to the airport they may find reduced rates that are worth the cab fare it would cost to get to the car rental location.
6. What’s the Deal – When a car rental deal seems unbelievable…read the fine print to make sure all the extra fees, taxes and add-on’s are included in the rate that they are promoting. Also, when renting a car for a couple of days, checkout the specials that are offered for weekly rates – sometimes it’s cheaper to rent the car for a week (using “weekly specials”) instead of for just a few days. Plus, weekend rates are always more expensive than weekday rates so consumers may snag a better deal for booking a longer rental.
To read the full article featuring this roundup of car rental tips, visit Travelhoppers.com.
Travelers looking for insightful information about travel, personal tips and expert advice can benefit from visiting the Travelhoppers blog to delve into interesting and unique aspects of travel with new articles, excerpts, and content added daily. From facts and figures to firsthand traveler reviews and so much more, Travelhoppers gives travelers the information they need and want – as well as providing free access to the largest, most frequently updated database of travel companies, brochures, and specialists on the Internet.
Travelhoppers.com is a travel website dedicated to the proposition that it’s all about value. The company provides consumers with free access to the largest, frequently updated repository of travel companies brochures, and travel specialists on the Internet. All via one site, Travelhoppers.com brings travelers unabridged information directly from 3000+ tour operators, packagers, cruise lines, destinations and other travel suppliers; as well as insight from travel industry veterans, first-hand knowledge from travel writers and feedback from other consumers; and a means to connect with travel specialists for assistance with travel planning.
Marlene Oliver, NJC Communications
(305) 491-0512, moliver(at)njccorp(dot)com
Cassie Dittrich, NJC Communications
(802) 522-0714, cdittrich(at)njccorp(dot)com