Today more than any time in history, organizations are storing, processing and data mining this information for marketing, advertising, ecommerce, healthcare and supply chain processes
Newark, New Jersey (PRWEB) August 01, 2012
The online data mining graduate certificate program prepares students for our world of information economy where data is being generated in every aspect imaginable. Every time you swipe your card at the grocery store or are on Facebook or LinkedIn, data are being extracted and downloaded into a database. Today more than any time in history, organizations are storing, processing and data mining this information for marketing, advertising, eCommerce, healthcare and supply chain processes. The results are extracting actual information for companies to draw on to increase productivity and efficiency.
NJIT’ s Online data mining graduate certificate classes teach the mathematical methods in understanding data mining. Emphasis is on large-scale databases as a source of knowledge generation and competitive advantage within many areas of business.
What will you learn?
- The fundamentals of relational database technology, concurrency, and recovery
- Methods of database design and conceptual modeling
- The principles of information-retrieval system design
- Techniques essential for building text databases, document-processing systems, office automation systems, and other advanced information management systems
- And more in two elective courses, each worth 3 graduate credits.
Information on the Online Graduate Certificate in Data Mining:
- 12 credits – four classes
- One year to complete (on average)
- Study is fully online, or in a classroom. You can mix and match between online and on-campus classes too.
- The graduate certificate is a stand-alone credential that can lead to a corresponding - NJIT master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Financial Assistance is available for students who study part-time (6 credits or more). U.S. income tax education credits can be applied as well.
- New Jersey residents studying online and/or on campus are charged, as always, in-state tuition rate. Residents living anywhere in the world outside New Jersey qualify for the affordable graduate online tuition rate. This rate is significantly lower than the out-of-state fee to attend graduate classes on campus.
NJIT, New Jersey's science and technology university, enrolls more than 9,558 students pursuing bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees in 120 programs. The university consists of six colleges: Newark College of Engineering, College of Architecture and Design, College of Science and Liberal Arts, School of Management, College of Computing Sciences and Albert Dorman Honors College. U.S. News & World Report's 2011 Annual Guide to America's Best Colleges ranked NJIT in the top tier of national research universities. NJIT is internationally recognized for being at the edge in knowledge in architecture, applied mathematics, wireless communications and networking, solar physics, advanced engineered particulate materials, nanotechnology, neural engineering and e-learning. Many courses and certificate programs, as well as graduate degrees, are available online through the Division of Continuing Professional Education.