The award is designed to honor the outstanding contributions and achievements of council groups that lead diversity processes in their organizations and demonstrate results in their Workforce, Workplace and Marketplace
Sanford, FL (PRWEB) July 05, 2012
The Association of Diversity Councils, a practice group of diversity and inclusion consulting and training firm PRISM International, Inc., today released their list of the 2012 TOP 25 U.S. Diversity Councils to be recognized and honored at a dinner award ceremony during the 2012 Diversity Council Conference: Enhancing Performance - Increasing Value October 4th at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City in Washington D.C.
“This is the fourth year that the Association will award its prestigious Diversity Council Honors Award™,” said Philip Berry, Executive Director of the Association of Diversity Councils. “The award is designed to honor the outstanding contributions and achievements of council groups that lead diversity processes in their organizations and demonstrate results in their Workforce, Workplace and Marketplace.” Applications were submitted by council groups and evaluated on contributions and achievements in four categories: Demonstrated Council Results; Demonstrated Management Commitment; Measurement and Accountability; Communication and Education.
The 2012 Top 25 Diversity Council Honors Award™ recipients include a diverse combination of U.S. corporations, governmental agencies, the military and higher education institutions representing all sectors, geographies and organizational sizes. Mr. Berry said, “This year’s recipient list includes 7 new and 18 returning councils. 10 of the 18 returning councils moved up in the rankings. The Top 25 rankings will be revealed at the October award ceremony. Here is the list in alphabetical order:
- Ameren Corporate Diversity Council
- American Airlines Diversity Advisory Council
- AT&T Chairman's Diversity Council
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Council
- Bellagio Resort & Casino Cultural Board
- Best Buy Employee Business Networks
- Chartis Executive Diversity Council
- City of Virginia Beach Inclusion & Diversity Council
- Comcast and NBC Universal's Diversity Council
- CSX Global and Executive Inclusion Councils & Affiliated Councils/Groups
- Diageo North America Inclusion and Diversity Council
- FedEx Freight, Inc. Diversity Council
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation North America Diversity & Inclusion Council
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Diversity Council
- McGraw-Hill Diversity & Inclusion Council
- MGM Grand Hotel & Casino Diversity and Community Council
- National Guard Bureau Joint Diversity Executive Council
- Navy Office of Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Diversity Working Group
- Pfizer Animal Health Diversity and Inclusion Council
- Prudential Financial, Inc. Law Compliance and Business Ethics Diversity Council
- Siemens Energy, Inc. Orlando Diversity and Inclusion Council
- The Boeing Company - Global Services & Support Diversity Council
- The University of Akron Diversity Council
- WellPoint- SOMOS, Hispanic ERG
- Wipro Technologies Diversity Council
Linda H. Stokes, President and CEO of PRISM International, Inc., said, “We recognize that council groups (diversity councils, ERGs, affinity and network groups) are vital links for improving organizational results and that they deserve opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge…that’s why we created the inaugural one day 2012 Diversity Council Conference: Enhancing Performance - Increasing Value set for October 4th in Washington D.C.”
Mr. Berry added, “This Conference is the only one of its kind…it affords Councils with opportunities to share and learn best practices and gain important insights, knowledge and skills to enhance their Council performance. Participants will leave with a renewed emphasis on increasing their impact and effectiveness.” For more information about the Diversity Council Conference, visit http://www.DiversityCouncilConference.com.
For more information about the Diversity Council Honors Award / Diversity Council Conference, please contact Noemi Rivera at 407.324.5290 or info(at)PrismDiversity(dot)com.
About the Association of Diversity Councils
The Association of Diversity Councils is a practice group of PRISM International, Inc. and the premier resource for diversity and inclusion council professionals dedicated to increasing the impact, effectiveness and recognition of diversity councils as an essential partner in developing, implementing and maintaining a strategic diversity focus within organizations. For additional information, visit http://www.DiversityCouncil.com.
About PRISM International, Inc.
PRISM International, Inc., is a WBENC-certified, full-service provider of innovative, proven diversity/inclusion, cross-cultural, and harassment prevention strategies, consulting services, training programs and products. For additional information, visit http://www.PrismDiversity.com. PRISM’s performance solutions provide a proven systemic process and best-in-practices tactics for leveraging opportunities in our client’s workforce, workplace and marketplace.