Mumbai (PRWEB UK) 1 October 2012
Lions Clubs International Dist. 323A3, the biggest NGO in the world, under the leadership of Dist. Governor Lion Surendranath Vukkadala, which spreads from Bandra to Mokhada will be observing a ‘Service Week from 2nd October to 7th October 2012’. About 110 Lions Clubs, 9 Lioness Clubs and 17 Leo Clubs totaling a membership of over 7000 Lion members will do their best by actively participating for cause of human service in particular and society at large.
The service activities to be performed by all the clubs are planned under word ‘SERVOCARE’. Each alphabet of the word ‘SERVOCARE’ has been designed with a centralized theme across nations.
Opening Ceremony : SERVOCARE
Date & Time : Oct 2nd at 10.00 AM
Venue : Willington Sports Complex, near Santacruz Milan subway
About 100 cycles rally uniformly dressed with over 20 personal cars and 6 school buses will move from Willington Crescent Sports Complex to Walecha Hall, Juhu via S.V. Road, Santacruz Police station, SNDT, Juhu-Chowpatty Centaur Hotel ending at Walecha Hall. An awareness campaign showcasing information regarding female foeticide, drug tobacco, alchohol, life style diseases, environment, organ donation, Civic and legal awareness, vocational guidance, women empowerment and HIV/Hepatitis B/TB awareness will be shared during the rally.
Alphabet ‘S’ defines the activities related to Sight, Senior Citizen & Blind people etc.
Alphabet ‘E’ denotes the activities related to the Education
Alphabet ‘R’ defines Removal of illiteracy.
Alphabet ‘V’ indicates the vocational training and guidance in various fields.
Alphabet ‘O’ denotes the activities open to the clubs as well as original international activity plans.
Alphabet ‘C’ defines child care and medical camps.
Alphabet ‘A’ denotes awareness on various subjects.
Alphabet ‘R’ indicates the relationship.
Alphabet ‘E’ describes all the activities related to the Environment and Empowerment.
The 6 day long service activity is going to be worth around INR 2.0 crores covering the society from Bandra to Talasari helping thousands of beneficiaries.
The finale will be held on 7th October at Navinbhai Thakkar Hall, Vile Parle (E). The participating club will be honoured for their commitment and work for the cause of needy human service under the worthy hands of District Governor.
Summary of various social service activities carried by Dist 323 A3 of Lions Club International -
- Voluntary reading for the illiterates, support to the local Library and Promotion of Braille literacy is being executed.
- Screening in various locations and schools for cataract detection.
- Proposed to carry out free 1000 cataract operations.
- Free Eye screening for one lakh people
- Vitamin A & D Vermin tablets for 5 lakh people.
- 1000 benches to the slum Satellite Schools.
- Awareness lecture on Down’s Syndrome and Dyslexia.
- A moving Library in the rural area for the benefit of the people.
- Supplying the cooked as well as uncooked food. Mid day meal programme for more than 50000 students.
- Immunization awareness, cultural and community activity, youth engagement projects.
- Vocational training, talent promotion, seminars, discourses at old age homes.
- Consumer guidance, village adoption, toy library, alternate therapy, meditation and yoga
- Free Jaipur foot and other orthopedic appliances to the needy.
- Diabetic awareness and Diabetic Retinopathy.
- Medical camps wherein different specialty Doctors will examine the patients and provision of free medicines.
- Cancer awareness, lifestyle disease awareness, hearing preservation and noise pollution lectures organized.
- Lions Hospital appropriately upgraded and equipped.
- Legal, Civic, LokAdalat, Road Traffic Accident, Life Style disease, Drug, tobacco, Alcohol, Hypertension, Cardiac care, TB, Leprosy, Mosquito born disease, Thalessemia, Anemia, Food Adultration, Asthama, Allergy camps.
- 47 PHC (Primary Health Centre) have been targeted in different satellite areas, which needs instruments, medicines, solar light, door bells and ambulances etc.
- 10 Dialysis machines have been planned to be set during the week.
- 19 bore wells and 5 ambulances have also been planned.
- One lakh tree plantation are going to be planted during service week.
- Women empowerment, maternal health care, family planning and women welfare are also being executed. There will be rally on Environment.