The staff... is dedicated to providing the best patient care, and our efforts have been enhanced through our quality improvement collaborations.
Walnut Creek, CA (PRWEB) February 01, 2012
Southern Utah Home Care & Hospice has been presented with the 2011 Healthlnsight Quality Award for demonstrating high quality health care and excellence in performance on publicly reported quality of care measures. Healthlnsight, a private, non-profit community based organization dedicated to improving the health and healthcare of Nevada, New Mexico and Utah, sponsors the award.
The HealthInsight Quality Award acknowledges home health agencies that are actively engaged in advancing care in one or more of the following areas:
- Percentage of patients who had to be admitted to the hospital
- Percentage of patients who get better at walking or moving around
- Percentage of patients who get better at getting in and out of bed
- Percentage of patients who have less pain when moving around
- Percentage of patients whose bladder control improves
- Percentage of patients who get better at bathing
- Percentage of patients who get better at taking their medicines correctly (by mouth)
- Percentage of patients who are short of breath less often
- Percentage of patients who stay at home after an episode of home health care ends
- Percentage of patients whose wounds improved or healed after an operation
- Percentage of patients who need unplanned medical care related to a wound that is new, is worse, or has become infected
The clinical topics measured for the awards have been designated as national healthcare priorities by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
“HealthInsight commends Southern Utah Home Care & for its commitment to excellence in improving patient care,” said Marc Bennett, President and CEO of Healthlnsight.
The Healthlnsight Quality Award Program was launched in September 2004 to promote transparency in health care. By using available quality data to identify high performing providers and publicizing the results, Healthlnsight aims to help providers improve health care and help patients become more active and informed participants in that care.
“The staff at Southern Utah Home Care & Hospice is dedicated to providing the best patient care, and our efforts have been enhanced through our quality improvement collaborations with Healthlnsight. We are proud to be a recipient of this distinguished award,” said Debbie Cox, RN, Administrator of Southern Utah Home Care & Hospice. “ ‘A Tradition of Caring’ is more than a slogan to Southern Utah Home Care & Hospice.”
Southern Utah Home Care & Hospice, an affiliate of PeopleFirst Homecare and Hospice, has been a leading home care provider in St. George and surrounding regions in southwestern Utah and northern Arizona for nearly 20 years. Local and regional communities are served through six Utah office locations in the cities of St. George, Cedar City, Enterprise, Hildale, Hurricane, and Kanab. Home health services include nursing care, physical and occupational therapy, post-hospital rehabilitation, wound care, home health aides, medical social workers, medication management and senior care. Hospice services include pain control, palliative care, respite care, emotional and spiritual support, and personal care. To learn more about Southern Utah Home Care & Hospice, visit us at suhomecareandhospice.com