Panaya’s solution is so simple to set up and manage that we don’t need to count on external consulting services for test automation
Menlo Park, CA & Orlando, FL (PRWEB) May 15, 2012
The largest ERP Upgrades and Test Automation SaaS provider, Panaya, announced today that following the wide market adoption of its cloud-based SAP Testing solution, it has launched an Enterprise Edition of this solution with comprehensive built-in integration to HP Quality Center.
Having introduced its SaaS-based SAP testing solution in mid-2011, Panaya’s test script catalog now boasts over 100,000 test scripts, captured by more than 200 organizations, making it the world’s largest test catalog for SAP.
The newly launched Panaya Testing solution caters to companies that use SAP. Such companies need to contain the excessive costs of manual testing required in major SAP projects as well as ongoing functional enhancements. Key capabilities of Panaya Testing Enterprise Edition include:
- Enabling business users to create both test scripts for business processes, as well as full documentation of these processes – in minutes instead of hours –without requiring any programming or scripting
- Panaya test scripts can be executed automatically or interactively by any business or IT staff while generating and logging step-by-step records of the test runs
- Test scripts self-adapt to underlying SAP code and configuration changes; thus they are always up-to-date, eliminating the need for costly and cumbersome maintenance
- Fully integrated with Panaya’s market-leading impact analysis solution for SAP upgrades, Support Packages, and Enhancement Packages, pinpointing what SAP functionality requires testing as a result of the SAP functional or technical update
- Real-time integration with HP Quality Center, allowing HP Quality Center users to work with the Panaya Testing solution from within HP Quality Center, while maintaining their existing testing methodologies and processes as well as supporting their internal and external compliance requirements.
Don Knutson, Director of Enterprise Business Systems, Entegris, an existing Panaya customer, said, “Panaya’s solution is so simple to set up and manage that we don’t need to count on external consulting services for test automation.” Entegris, a provider of crucial materials and products used in high-tech manufacturing, employing more than 2,800 staff across the world, and an SAP user for the last 13 years, created more than 2,000 test scripts with Panaya. “One of the key benefits we realized from the Panaya Testing solution was that we can re-use all the test scripts we built for our SAP upgrade project for future projects.”
Derek Prior, Research Director of Gartner, commented: “Testing costs amass to nearly half of overall SAP application maintenance costs. Reducing these costs while containing the risk involved in frequent business and technical changes is a major concern for IT SAP Managers. Test automation tools typically address only a fraction of the required testing scenarios following such changes because they rely on programming expertise, leaving the remaining scenarios to manual, labor-intensive testing. SAP and testing managers should evaluate complementary impact analysis and testing solutions that can address their vast manual testing needs without increasing the burden on scarce programming resources.”
"We have seen phenomenal adoption of our SaaS-based SAP testing solution, with more than two hundred enterprises counting on Panaya SaaS to automate the testing of their mission-critical ERP systems,” added Yossi Cohen, Panaya's CEO. “This vote of confidence has enabled us to significantly expand our testing offering, allowing SAP organizations to slash the costs associated with labor-intensive and often-ineffective manual testing practices, while seamlessly operating within their established testing infrastructure and methodologies.”
Panaya's software-as-a-service helps companies that use SAP or Oracle reduce 80% of their upgrade and testing risk and effort. Utilizing a cloud-based supercomputer, Panaya simulates the upcoming upgrade, automatically pinpointing which custom programs will break as a result of the upgrade and automatically ﬁxing most of these problems. Panaya's testing solutions dramatically expedite ERP testing and eliminate the need for manual test script maintenance. Seamlessly capturing business knowledge in the background, as users work with the ERP applications, Panaya automatically generates plain-English test scripts that are rapidly executed and continually self-adjust based on test results. For further information visit the Panaya web site at http://www.panayainc.com.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries all over the world. Oracle and other Oracle products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks of Oracle. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.