Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) December 12, 2013
Over the past two years, SDN has become a hot topic in the network communications industry. As its concept, technology, and standards are still at a preliminary stage, fewer operators and enterprises are willing to adopt SDN technology at this moment. To improve the popularity of SDN, Open Networking Foundation and OpenDaylight Project have collaborated with many leading vendors and gained some progress in forming industry standards. This report, Current Development of Major SDN Standards Organizations (http://www.marketreportsonline.com/300381.html ), pinpoints their development and results, with comparisons and impact included in it.
List of Topics covered in this report:
- Current status and the latest progress of major SDN standards organizations: Open Networking Foundation and Open Daylight Project, including Open Flow, OF-Config, and Hydrogen framework
- Comparisons between the two organizations, including their vendors and related products, and their influence on the establishment of SDN standards
Companies and organizations analyzed or mentioned in the report include:
6WIND, A10 Networks, Active Broadband Networks, ADVA Optical Networking, Amartus, Aricent Group, Arista Networks, Beijing Internet Institute, Big Switch Networks, Broadcom, Brocade, Calient Technologies Inc., Calsoft Labs Inc., Cavium Networks, Centec Networks, Cisco, Citrix, Cloudscaling, CohesiveFT, ConteXtream, Cyan, Dell/Force 10 Networks, Ericsson, European Telecommunications, Standards Institute, Extreme Networks, HP, Huawei, IBM/IBM Research, Industrial Technology Research Institute, Infinera, Infoblox, Intel, Internet Engineering Task Force, Intune Networks, IP Infusion, Ixia, Juniper Networks, Kemp Technologies, Lancope, Inc., LSI, Marvell, Mellanox Technologies, Microsoft, MRV Communications, NEC, Netgear, Netronome, Nicira, NoviFlow Inc., NTT Data, ON.Lab, Pantheon, Pica8, Plexxi Inc., Qosmos, Radware, RedHat, Spirent, Stanford University, Tail-f Systems, Tallac Networks, Tekelec, Transmode, Turk Telekom Group, University of Kentucky, Vello Systems, VMware.
Order a copy of this report at http://www.marketreportsonline.com/contacts/purchase.php?name=300381.
Content covered in this report include:
1. Current Status of SDN Standards Organizations
1.2 Current Development
2. Open Networking Foundation
2.1 Major Achievements: OpenFlow and OF-Config
2.2 Testing Program
3. OpenDaylight Project
3.1 Major Achievements: Hydrogen Architecture
3.2 Development Hurdles
3.2.1 Juniper's Endorsement of OpenContrail
3.2.2 Big Switch's Withdrawal
4. Comparison between ONF and ODP
4.1 Similarity: Forming Alliance to Increase Influence
4.2 Difference: Attitude toward Standards Development
4.3 Time is Needed for Mature SDN Standards
Glossary of Terms
List of Companies
List of Tables
Table 1 OpenFlow Products/Services Launched by ONF Members
Table 2 Projects and Originators of OpenDaylight Project
List of Figures
Figure 1 OpenFlow & OF-Config
Figure 2 Timeline of OpenFlow Specification Versions
Figure 3 Hydrogen: SDN Framework by OpenDaylight Project
Another market research study titled “The SDN, NFV & Network Virtualization Bible Datasheet: 2014 – 2020” provides in-depth revenue forecasts on the Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and generic network virtualization market. Complete report is available at http://www.marketreportsonline.com/287353.html.
Market forecasts and historical revenue figures from 2010 till 2020 are provided for each of the following submarkets, use base and use case categories:
- SDN Software & Hardware
- Non-NFV Network Virtualization Software
- NFV Software SDN Submarkets
- SDN Controller Hardware Appliances
- SDN Controller Software
User Base Categories: Service Providers and Data Centers & Enterprises
Service Provider Use Case Categories
- Radio Access Networks
- Mobile Core, EPC, IMS & Services
- Data Center
- Mobile Backhaul
- Wireline Fixed Access Networks
- CPE/Home Environment
The following regional and country markets are also covered:
Regional Markets, Asia Pacific, Eastern Europe, Latin & Central America, Middle East & Africa, North America and Western Europe.
Purchase a copy of this report at http://www.marketreportsonline.com/contacts/purchase.php?name=287353.
The report has the following key findings:
- Driven by the thriving ecosystem, SNS Research estimates that the SDN, NFV and network virtualization market will account for nearly $4 Billion in 2014 alone. SNS Research estimates further growth at a CAGR of nearly 60% over the next 6 years
- Although network virtualization in the enterprise IT and data center domain has received significant attention in the past years, service provider network virtualization is still at a nascent stage
- SDN and NFV empower a multitude of network functions to be implemented cost effectively in software, ranging from standard mobile IP Multimedia System (IMS) services to features such as Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
- By 2017 we expect to see significant price and gross margin erosion for traditional hardware-based network switching equipment driven by alternative software based solutions. By 2020 SNS Research estimates that SDN and NFV can enable service providers (both wireline and wireless) to save up to $32 Billion in annual CapEx investments
Explore more reports on IT and Telecommunication markets at http://www.marketreportsonline.com/cat/information-technology-market-research.html.
MarketReportsOnline.com is an online database of regional industry research reports, company profiles and SWOT analysis studies for multiple industries, organizations and market segments. Our sales and research experts offer 24 X 7 supports to our customers through phone and email communication.