MLC was fabulous in helping us develop a new and exciting Vision as well as the Strategic Initiatives and Execution Strategy to achieve it. Suzanne Fetscher - President
Charlotte, NC (PRWEB) January 24, 2013
The MLC Group, LLC announces the successful completion of a 6-Month strategic planning engagement for the The Innovation Institute, an Executive Learning and Transformational Development Program of the McColl Center for the Visual Arts, based in Charlotte, NC.
Using their proprietary VSE Process, The MLC Group led the Strategic Planning Task Force and Board in the development of the Innovation Institute’s 2015 Strategic Plan. They began the process by using creative and visual thinking techniques in developing the new “2020 Vision for the Innovation Institute.” From there the formal Vision and Mission statements for the organization were formulated.
The STF identified seven primary strategic objectives to further define the achievement of the 2020 Vision as well as identify the foundational truths on which the Innovation Institute will exist and operate. These Strategic Objectives are:
1. Thriving Infrastructure
2. Robust Financial Health
3. Creative and Transformational Services/Operations
4. Passionate Teams and Culture
5. Effective Marketing and Sales Systems
6. Mutually Beneficial Partner/Investor Relationships
7. The Innovation Think Tank - Resource for Creativity in Business
The Strategic Planning Process was four fold:
1. Multiple operational Work-Sessions with the Innovation Institute Leadership, Staff as well as outside Executives in the Executive Learning Industry were facilitated by The MLC Group. The purpose of these sessions was to understand the markets in which the Innovation Institute was currently and could potentially operate as well as gain an understanding of both the objectives, operations process and economics of the current programs.
2. A strategic planning task force was formed to develop a formal 2020 Vision and Mission for the Innovation Institute. Strategic Objectives, Initiatives and Tactics to achieve the Vision and Mission were identified and incorporated into the 2015 Strategic Plan. In addition, the qualifications for an Executive Director were determined and documented
3. Stakeholder Interviews – 16 Innovation Institute Stakeholders identified by McColl Center Executive Leadership were interviewed to gain their perspective on the strengths, weaknesses, and new Vision for the future of the Innovation Institute Programs. These stakeholders included corporate leaders, non-profit leaders, Funding Partners as well as Program Artists.
4. A New Operational Model and Financial Projections for 2014 and 2015 were developed as part of the planning process.
Upon hiring the new Executive Director, The MLC Group will continue to refine the Execution Dashboard – a tool for the Board, McColl Center President as well as the Executive Director to manage and monitor achievement of the Innovation Institute 2015 Strategic Plan.
About The MLC Group – Because business needs clarity.
The MLC Group is a new breed of hybrid management consultants who bring innovative ideas and creative thinking strategies to organizations that want to improve the way they do business. The firm specializes in delivering world class strategic planning and facilitation services to executive teams using its proprietary VSE ProcessTM. Their services are designed to bring clarity to planning for the future as well as managing the day to day.
The MLC Group specializes in helping organizations solve complex issues, navigate change, plan for the future and develop strategic plans that include a clear execution strategy.